hp vs lp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From a post over five years ago;
U.S.tensile strength for 3AA cylinders (105,000-125,000 psi) is not the same as European tensile strength (135,000-155,000 psi as required by EN 1964 part 1 and ISO 9809 part 1) and I have test data that shows Faber cylinders delivered to us show a tensile strength of 115,000-123,000 psi (as required by DOT)

The genius behind the design of Exempt tanks was John Dimik (spelling may not be correct) of the old Pressed Steel Tank. He used the same tooling with a new high strength steel that was developed. Everyone assumes because the sizes are the same, everything is the same, FALSE. Exempt cylinders are made from a completely different steel than 3AA cylinders. I will keep posting accurate, honest information each time I find these posts which I consider mis-leading at a minimum and dangerous at most.

So the bottom line is that I can overfill my spare-air to 30,000 pis and get a decent amount of air...and an oddly shaped spare-air.

So the bottom line is that I can overfill my spare-air to 30,000 pis and get a decent amount of air...and an oddly shaped spare-air.

Im not sure it will be decent though... only 30 cuf. I think you will be better off pumping a CO2 cartidge to 100k psi. At least you can store a couple of them in a snorkel

ICC-3AA 2250 H J 180183 5(some kind of diamond shape)69+
Okay I know ICC = OLD for the new DOT (which is old also)
and I know 3AA 2250 = Steel and PSI.
But what the heck is H J ????
and I also know serial no.. and then date and year
and the + is 10% over

can anyone tell me also where I can find out how to find the company that made this tank? I have 2 of these things and I can't wait to dive with them after I get them tested and blessed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom