Huish Outdoors acquires LIQUIVISION

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did I simplify it too much?

(fx... Googling...)

Oh God. It's worse than I thought. Oh... and the CEO only has 55 connections on Linked-in and no work experience listed prior to his current job. I hope for everyone's sake that's wrong.

R..

A really nice guy, too. He definitely has the juice to make a go of it.

Diver0001, did you buy a t-shirt from him? I'll bet you washed a few in detergent he manufactured.

so we now have what, pinnacle, zeagle, atomic, bare, and liquidvizon under the same umbrella? strange assorment, not a ton of obvious synergies, one's not even us-base. guy may be a detergent wiz, but what he's trying to accomplish in scuba is pretty unclear.

A really nice guy, too. He definitely has the juice to make a go of it.

Diver0001, did you buy a t-shirt from him? I'll bet you washed a few in detergent he manufactured.

Neither the T-shirt nor the wash powder were computerized. I'm just saying. :D

R..

so we now have what, pinnacle, zeagle, atomic, bare, and liquidvizon under the same umbrella? strange assorment, not a ton of obvious synergies, one's not even us-base. guy may be a detergent wiz, but what he's trying to accomplish in scuba is pretty unclear.

theory

:wink: he bought the companies of the equipment he dives

What is going to happen is price controls, cost reductions, increased margins and ultimately increasing profits by dealing with the higher end dealer network and a few online retailers who will keep to a pricing policy.

or

He's incredible board, likes to dive and has a dive boat load of cash burning a hole in his wetsuits.

He's a very successful business man

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/700247166/Deal-will-merge-Huish-Unilever.html?pg=all

who wants 2 bet huish tried to buy sw instead of liquidviz and was politely told 2 go away?? :)

pinnacle is turning out junk these days, not sure what that says about huish outdoors prospects for improving anything

<snip>
I'd feel nervous if I were a primary manufacturer being taken over by this company. They're small, they came out of nowhere just a couple of years ago and as far as I know their management expertise is pretty much limited to making t-shirts.

<snip>

Without getting into it too much, It's been several years since Huish Outdoors purchased Atomic (including the Cobalt computer), and it continues to be a positive experience for all concerned. They aren't small- the business they came from is probably larger than the entire diving equipment business, and it had technical aspects. It's rather the diving business that is tiny, and many companies in it suffer from a lack of capital, which limits their ability to innovate as much as they would like. Sometimes people with capital and business expertise get involved in businesses because they care about the business area (like being avid divers) and see an opportunity. I think that's the case here.

Ron

My only experience with this is that when Huish took over Zeagle they killed the best BC for new divers and independent instructors to obtain at a reasonable price. You can still get the Express Tech but not the basic one. You have to buy the deluxe and strip half of it off to make it a good BC. That was a colossally stupid move. I used to recommend that BC over anything but a BPW. Not any more.

Back
Top Bottom