Humble gloating... Scuba Diving's Top 100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

highlandfarmv:
That's the sad truth! I wonder how many days/year dives are cancelled due to weather. Maybe a third or half??

Yeah...But it's the Atlantic Ocean...

Between June and through August there were very few charters cancelled, but April and May the captains couldn't get out hardly ever, which bit into their pockets substantially. September it got bad again. So yeah...I think you are close to being on target, but if you put in the main dive season things went without many cancellations at all.

Mack Diver:
I was planning on making a trip there this year. What is the best time of year to catch good weather?

Between late May and through August...

1 T Submariner:
Congrats! (at least they ain't claiming anything about BBQ)

Evidently Chatterton didn't vote:)

NC is a beautiful place. I used to live there before moving to CA. Its one of the last places where you can buy a home on the coast for a 'reasonable' price. I still miss the BBQ and sweet tea.

You may want to be a little humble, unless you created NC! :blinking:

CO may have the worlds best skiing, but I can't really take credit for the Mountains, the weather, or much of anything as I just live here if you get my drift. :eyebrow:

I love NC however and have spent MANY a weekend in the Outer Banks when it was a sleepy local hangout, but I have never dove there. I mean to fix that soon. :D

Summer is definately the best time to dive here. You do get blown out sometimes, but not that often. I would go as far to say from may until september/october.

I was planning on making a trip there this year. What is the best time of year to catch good weather?

I went for the first time over July 4th and it was wonderful. I dove with Olympus, who said they hadn't had any blow outs for over a month (he looked very tired!)

Water during the winters is typically colder with poorer vis, while in the summers you'll get pretty close to 80/80. And you're almost gauranteed to see a few sand tiger sharks.

RonFrank:
You may want to be a little humble, unless you created NC!

Sports fans don't build the teams they support either...Come on now Ron...

CO may have the worlds best skiing, but I can't really take credit for the Mountains, the weather, or much of anything as I just live here if you get my drift.

I lived in Vail for 2 fantastic years...Had a blast back when I could afford to be a ski bum for 2 years...Great memories...Is that like...a snow drift...

I love NC however and have spent MANY a weekend in the Outer Banks when it was a sleepy local hangout, but I have never dove there. I mean to fix that soon.

Ocracoke and Buxton are still a bit kicked back if you catch them at the right time of the year...Winter maybe:) I agree...gone are those days...Maybe a hurricane will bring them back...:11:...PM me if you do get down here at some point...

i'm headed to NC this summer (august probably)... but where exactly is the best diving or is that up for debate?

I'm looking at either the OBX (nags head, hatteras, etc) or the so called 'crystal coast' (further south but not quite wilmington). from what i've read initially it seems further south is better, am i getting that right?

Back
Top Bottom