Hurricane Sandy: Possible impact to US flights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Update from the hurricane zone: The wind is howling at 50 with gusts to 75 here in northern NJ - I am amazed I still have power. Bridges closed, all mass transit systems shut down in NY,. NJ, CT and Deleware. Flooding in Boston. Trees and branches down everywhere, over 1/2 million without power in NJ alone. My daughter is in Rhode Island, and we had to yell at her to get away from the beach after we saw her and her friends cavorting behind a local weather guy on the weather channel. She's back at her college now, and they have had gusts to 90 mph at Narragansett in Rhode Island! There's a crane dangling from the top of a 60+ story skyscraper in NYC. All-time record low pressure for any storm in the northeast USA. The worst is still coming; wind expected to peak around here from 7 pm tp 4 a.m. est. Everyone is hunkering down - this thing is huge. I think the worst damage will not be known until late tomorrow after the high tides coming tonight - there is widespread flooding in coastal areas at low tide! There are people trapped on various barrier islands along NJ and elsewhere; these folks are in real danger. Wish I was in Cozumel!

Howling winds up here in Orange County. Sounds like a jet engine at times. Lights flickered but we still have them. Saw the crane dangling from a building on 7 th Ave in NYC. A person interviewed said it would fall in to Carnagie Hall it it let loose. Not good. Rivers and streams are already flooding. Work, school and mass transit all canceled for tomorrow. Lots of grazing and drinking in the near future. Just got back from CZM and wish I never left.
UPDATE...looks like it came ashore further south and its heading further west than expected. Good for us bad for Philidelphia and Altantic City.

Very bad in Southern Jersey, mainly wind up north so far, along with the tidal flooding in lower areas. We now have a LARGE tree limb on the power line to our house, pulling it down to about 5' off the ground - yikes. Still have power - flickering.

Gate C34 at laguardia

rqvpmx.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom