Hydrating At Depth

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
So while watching a Sea Hunt episode. The divers were drinking liquid probably water at depth with squirt bottles. Anyone ever hydrated while down? Seems a bit extreme.

Nice! So it's mainstream for some divers. Thanks for the link. :)

I use a standard Camelbak bladder bungled to my tank with the hose running along the inflator hose. Makes a big difference on OC dives (i get serious cotton mouth) and on long (2 hr plus) CCR dives.

Capri Sonne juice sachets work very well also.

On longer dives I occasionally take a "squirt bottle" with me for the reason Brendon mentioned. Most of the time, however, I don't dive for long enough for it to be a problem. If the water is clean(ish) then I usually just rinse my mouth with the water around me.

R..

I use one of these when diving doubles which is when I'm in the ocean. When cave diving we usually just drink the water we are diving in since it's the same springs that a lot of water bottle companies pull from.

I use one of these when diving doubles which is when I'm in the ocean. When cave diving we usually just drink the water we are diving in since it's the same springs that a lot of water bottle companies pull from.

Ewww, so anybody drinking bottled water is getting you brewed into it.:eek:

:D

Ewww, so anybody drinking bottled water is getting you brewed into it.:eek:

:D

not quite, they usually pull it from farther up in the aquifer, so it's drawn down much farther in than where we dive. That said if you can buy not spring water, those of us that cave dive, and those in florida who want tap water would appreciate it...

Just dont do it behind a diver with a p valve. Not saying I would do that to you but I would.

You need a job or a life or both to stop posting idiotic stuff like this. Carry on doing what you are supposedly doing (although I sometimes question whether you dive at all) you're going to give yourself Giardia or cryptosporidium or hepatitis A. Seriously this is just unnecessary and dumb, don't listen to tbone here people. Use a camelback or a foil juice pack with a straw if you need to drink.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom