I am afraid my housing will flood again! I am diving tomorrow, need help.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I like the coolaid idea, but wouldn't talcum powder be easier to remove once the test has been completed? If the problem isn't the main o-ring it could be one of the buttons that is leaking - the talc will show it up as well.

Talc is not soluble in just water, but takes a fairly strong acid to dissolve it, and damp talc can clump and compromise seals later. Also the color difference between damp talc and talc that has absorbed a bit of lube is non-existent.

Kool-Aid is completely soluble in just warm water.

I've been designing and throwing expensive electronics in to seawater for a living for almost 4 decades. I still haven't found a better housing test medium at a lower cost.

I will add my $.02 and say from experience it is probably a button O-ring, not the main o-ring given how much water you are seeing. I've had two floods, one was from a button (very small amount of water), the other was operator error (and I'll reinforce the never be in a hurry concept here).

I'd send it in and get it serviced. It should be about $85 but they go through all the o-rings.

п»ї
Thank you for sharing this info
it was very helpful

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom