I bought a drysuit today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am thinking that I can manage an hour long dive without a she-P. Unless I plan on diving doubles, I think I can do without for now. However, I should note the suit is not self-donning, hope all my buddies are kind enough to unzip me before they run away.
I will need to find some decent undergarments, and am so grateful Don took the time to hep me complete my drysuit cert and showed me how to make and hold all my stops in a drysuit. I feel safer in a drysuit than I ever have since, though I will be practicing this weekend for sure.

I know that post-dive feeling when I dive wet around here!

I still dive wet - year round. 7mm farmer john, 46 degrees
Fahrenheit 2 weeks ago, but usually 50 to 55. Tried dry, went back to wet. Hundreds of jetty dives being drug over the rocks by surge just couldn't be justified in a nice drysuit. I patch up my wetsuit = butt patches, elbow patches, knee patches, until ESDS says - "no more" - we can't hold this thing together!", and then I buy a new bottle of Aquaseal myself. :)

I always do that second dive - but I have to admit that I try to work up a sweat and actually achieve it. The hard part is after the dives. I put tarps on my truck seat and drive to the dive shop where I shiver in my swimsuit as I wash out my gear, but then I warm up as I drive home (1 1/2 hours).

I really look at this as part of cleanup after the fun. In the water, I really don't notice unless it drops below 45 degrees. However, my Instructor son will not hardly dive the cold murky Pacific NW waters after his 700 dives in the tropical Red Sea!

Hey Kristina, I got a used drysuit this last weekend. It's not the best looking thing in the world, but I think it'll do its job. I'll hopefully get in a drysuit class with Don soon. With any luck, both of us will be diving in comfort soon!

I am thinking that I can manage an hour long dive without a she-P. Unless I plan on diving doubles, I think I can do without for now. However, I should note the suit is not self-donning, hope all my buddies are kind enough to unzip me before they run away.
I will need to find some decent undergarments, and am so grateful Don took the time to hep me complete my drysuit cert and showed me how to make and hold all my stops in a drysuit. I feel safer in a drysuit than I ever have since, though I will be practicing this weekend for sure.

I am thinking that I can manage an hour long dive without a she-P. Unless I plan on diving doubles, I think I can do without for now.

You should be fine for an hour with a little hydration management. That being said, I love having a pee valve :).

But it is an extra complication, so I think it's best to become accustom to diving the suit first and then consider it later if needed.

<snip rest>

A friend of mine with a shoulder entry suit has figured out how to hook the zipper pull over one of the rear door hinges (IIRR) of his van. He either leans gradually to one side or maybe rotates his shoulders, and he's unzipped. I don't remember if he can also zip himself in. You could probably find some projection on your car or elsewhere at an appropriate height for those bathroom sprints:wink:

Guy

My old surface drysuit was back zip and using a tie down strap looped around my mirror I was able to zip and unzip myself. Of course that was for solo sports like kiteboarding and windsurfing.

congrats on your purchase..it is different diving with a drysuit for sure...i still dive wet now and then,,but really enjoying my dry time too...I have had to experiment with the underwear a little till i found the right blend to stay warm...

Congrats on your drysuit! You're gonna be warm and toasty!!!

New dive "anything" is worth celebrating. :bounce:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom