I can't get my camera to focus

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's true, especially when the camera starts to depend on digital zoom versus optical zoom.

Bbarnes:
The problems that I had with my 5060 focusing were due to me being too far from my subject and depending on the zoom instead of getting closer in order to fill the frame. I got some horrible shots of one of the most exciting encounters with a giant green moray. ;( Once we learned to leave the zoom alone and fill the frame by actually moving, our problem was solved. The longer the zoom the higher the incidence of blur due to movement.

Thanks for that tip.

A couple of other suggestions that I hate to actually admit to learning by experience......check your lens. A fingerprint on your lens will make all of your pictures blurry.(mine was that of our 9 year old who had been looking at our pictures at dinner after a day of diving) Also, check the inside and outside of your housing port for fingerprints, defog residue or salt crystals. Be sure to never put your housing in a bucket that people are rinsing their masks in. It will coat your housing and create all kinds of problems. Finally, make sure you are using a fresh dessicant to help with fogging. Sometimes our problems have less to do with the camera's operation and more to do with some sort of physical problem we have created.

Back
Top Bottom