I chickened out of meeting Christi

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott Riemer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Friday afternoon, May 9, I was standing on the sidewalk in front of Blue XT Sea and chickened out of walking in and introducing myself. I think I saw you in there (not sure, don't know what you look like) and there were a couple guys. I convinced myself to not bother you. We had walked in from Cozumel Palace to settle our diving bill at Deep Blue. I even got on the internet to find your location with the intent of meeting you.

Can't believe I chickened out.:( Guess I'll try again next time.

..Can't believe I chickened out.:(

Why? She seems like a nice enough person (here online).

Why? She seems like a nice enough person (here online).

Not sure, I just looked at my dive buddy and told him I didn't want to be a bother to her. I doubt I would have been, but that was what I was thinking at the moment.

Awww...why would you be scared? Haha! I wish you would have said hello!

However, if you would have come in, you would have been walking into an oven. My AC went out the middle of last week and the new AC was being installed on Friday afternoon and all day Saturday. So the office was torn apart and I was definitely not looking my best after sitting here sweating all day...haha! Unlike alot of shops, I don't have the cross breezes because I have only north facing windows and I have very low ceilings. Anyone who has been in here the past few days can testify as to what an oven this place can be without the AC. Needless to say, the new AC is not working properly (compressor is only working at 50%) so they are coming to install a new compressor this afternoon!

Please stop in and say hello next time! I only bite if you treat me or my crew with disrespect - I don't take that lightly :)

Last edited:
Yeah she doesn't bite hard:D....next time come in with a Starbucks in your hand....she loves Starbucks:wink:

Hehehe! Sad but true...I do love my Starbuck's! I wonder if they have Starbuck's in Fiji? I may have to bring my own stash! haha!

I've tried twice this last year to meet the woman ... and I think she's avoiding me!!:( :wink: Once in November when I dropped off her Christmas present from Sue Sue (who by an odd coincidence lives down the road from me) and then again this past March when I swear she said she'd be in, but wasn't ..... maybe hiding under the desk in her office??? Well .... one of these years, maybe I'll sneak up and catch her in by surprise!!! :D

I've tried twice this last year to meet the woman ... and I think she's avoiding me!!:( :wink: Once in November when I dropped off her Christmas present from Sue Sue (who by an odd coincidence lives down the road from me) and then again this past March when I swear she said she'd be in, but wasn't ..... maybe hiding under the desk in her office??? Well .... one of these years, maybe I'll sneak up and catch her in by surprise!!! :D

FYI - Blanca, my assistant covers the office on Tues, Wed and Fri nights and then some Saturdays...I'm here the rest of the time...unless i"m off he island :)

Last edited:
Yeah Scott, you should have dropped in and talked to her a bit. Firefyter and I stopped in and chatted for awhile a couple of years ago when her shop was down by Chedrai. She also stopped by Caribe Blu where we were staying to check on a couple of her customers and chatted for a bit.

She's just like a real person...and Ann is right, she don't bite hard, especially with a regulator in her mouth. :D

Ann's going to Fiji and won't take me for free...I hate you, I hate you!

Well, not really. :10:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom