I Did It!!!!!!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SCUBAKristey

Reaction score
I now have a brand new, aching-to-be-used c-card! I completed class out at Lake Pleasant just north of Phoenix. There wasn't a whole lot of aquatic life to see, but the lake is in an area flooded out by a dam. What I did see was some really great rock out-croppings. (Grandfather's a rock hound, so I've always been partial to pretty stones.) Saw in one spot a REALLY nice fossil in a rock, and checked it out for a couple minutes. We were also followed for about 10 minutes by a pretty good size Blue Gill. (Big enough to eat no less! That's pretty impressive around these parts. LOL)

The viz wasn't all that great, about 10', but I won't complain. What I ESPECIALLY liked was finding the thermoclines, where the water dropped from 81 down to about 68 in most spots. (Found one that was 62, and STAYED in it while waiting my turn to do the controlled emergency ascent.) Since it's been about 110 the last few days, I took full advantage of being able to get chilled for about 10 minutes. (Wish I could've stayed longer!)

Anyway, I look forward to seeing y'all underwater!

Kristey:grad:

Well

Lake Pleasant :eek:ut:

:cheer:CONGRATULATIONS :party:

the new C card yeah I member walking into a Dive shop and renting a tank I couldn;t get the card out of the wallet fast enough...

I am availiable to dive and will get in contact with you esspecially if you know where there is a thermocline :)

Congratulations Kristy!

You did it girl!!! I'm proud of you! :yea:

Isn't it just the best feeling! Sounds like you had a good time exploring. Just think, now when you want to escape that desert heat, you can just pull out your brand new c-card to get an air fill and go find a nice, cool thermocline!

Keep me posted on your new adventures.

Have fun and stay safe.

You've learned the basics, now get back out there and perfect those skills!!! Happy, happy, joy joy!

OK ScubaTexasTony-

I may call on the Texas Swamp Divers for an official welcome next time I spend mroe than a day or two in the Dallas or Austin area! I'm dying to see these scuba parks y'all have out there!

Kristey
(You can take the girl out of Texas but you can't take Texas out of the girl!):D

Arizona..cant even imagine it...must be nice to not have to dive in a dry suit. Montana isnt exactly known for its warm weather. My open water dives will be in a huge lake with surface temps in the mid 60s in late august! OH Yeah..ill be looking for warm spots...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom