I fly in to Florida on 10/23, I fly out on 10/29, and would love to dive and fish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It sounds like a great week!!!

The only thing I might say is that the best "diving" in Key West is done on land. Save your diving dollars for the middle to upper Keys and just go there to party. :)

Agreed on passing on Key West. Tavernier has Capt Gary from the Conch Republic - you can find him here on the board.

I live in Key West where the diving isn't the greatest in the world. Maybe we'll actually get the Vandenberg some day (they are saying Feb 09, now--believe it when I see it). Diving is better in Islamorada and Key Largo. We'll be having Fantasy Fest by the time In10se arrives in FL. It's one party that everyone should experience once.

In10se, I sent you another PM. Check your user settings to make sure you can receive them

Thank you Bratface. I did get the pm. I'll be sending you one back here in a few ... :)

I guess I start in Sarasota after I pick up a set of pst 120's from LBHeyman. I appreciate everyone's advice but I'm still clueless on where to go from there. If i cut through to Ft L area from there ... what is there to dive when I get there? What are the depths and what's there that's on everyone's must dive list?

I'll be diving dbl's and ready for all day stuff, so I just need the SB locals to toss me a bone here. I'm not rich, but I'm sure not broke either. One or three of you Floridians need to take a Texan (actually I'm from Ohio :p but after 20 years here I qualify) out and get 'em under the water for a few hours.

What is on the must see list in the coastal waters of Florida?

Are you buying or borrowing those 120's? Shipping them home can be problematic.

You won't have a lot of use for dbls if you are going out on a commercial boat.

Use them as singles and maximize your bottom time with nitrox. If you use air in those tanks, you will come up short on your second dive due to the short (normally 1 hr) surface interval on most boats. Nitrox should give you 2 hour-long dives with the one hour si (approximately). Air will bring you up at about 30 minutes into the second dive.

If you are diving air... just use the boats tanks and save the trouble of carrying and filling your own tanks.

I highly recommend Little Deeper out of Riviera Beach (Lake Park), or Starfish out of Lantana.

Scuba Charters and Scuba Dive Boat Tours of I Dive Starfish of Lantana, FL

Little Deeper West Palm Beach Dive Charter

Thank you Bratface. I did get the pm. I'll be sending you one back here in a few ... :)

I guess I start in Sarasota after I pick up a set of pst 120's from LBHeyman. I appreciate everyone's advice but I'm still clueless on where to go from there. If i cut through to Ft L area from there ... what is there to dive when I get there? What are the depths and what's there that's on everyone's must dive list?

I'll be diving dbl's and ready for all day stuff, so I just need the SB locals to toss me a bone here. I'm not rich, but I'm sure not broke either. One or three of you Floridians need to take a Texan (actually I'm from Ohio :p but after 20 years here I qualify) out and get 'em under the water for a few hours.

What is on the must see list in the coastal waters of Florida?

Get yourself a copy of Ned Deloach's "Guide To Underwater Florida" and bone up before you head down. The list of "must see" Florida dive sites is way too long (not to mention subjective) to get into here!

Let me know if you make it to the Keys.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom