I give up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks ALCINA.

xSandman3 - maybe i can help you out. i'm in the process of selling my U/W Video System. It's a JVC GR-DVM90 miniDV in an IKELITE housing. It's an awesome system, i'm only selling because i've upGraded to CANON XL1 and GATES housing. check out www.piddlefish.com for plenty of examples taken with the system. (hope you have lots of bandwidth) you will also find tons of links to details (epinion.com etc) on the camera. it'll be way less than you're looking to spend.

meekal:
thanks ALCINA.

xSandman3 - maybe i can help you out. i'm in the process of selling my U/W Video System. It's a JVC GR-DVM90 miniDV in an IKELITE housing. It's an awesome system, i'm only selling because i've upGraded to CANON XL1 and GATES housing. check out www.piddlefish.com for plenty of examples taken with the system. (hope you have lots of bandwidth) you will also find tons of links to details (epinion.com etc) on the camera. it'll be way less than you're looking to spend.
PM sent.

Sphyrna:
How long is the camera from lens to eyepiece?
I just happen to have a housing in need of a camera - and I don't know what camera it was originally built for. If the length is right we can do some more measurements and if this housing will work, it's yours for the cost of shipping.
Rick

Is this still available...please tell me more.

Try E-Bay. I got an old Accugear w/ camera there for 150.00. Takes great video. It was cheap enough so if it floods im not out a bunch of money. It has dome port and red filter. I love it. Cheap and functional. What else could you ask for?

xSandman3:
Ok, I give up trying to find a housing for my camera. If you had $1500 to spend on a camcorder and housing, what would you get and where?

Any constructive advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sandman...I have been researching for over 20 hours! (not straight of course) and am as confused as ever. What did you end up with? I bought a Sony HC42 but want to buy a housing tomorrow. I don't want to spend more than $900. Still confused???

triggertravel:
Sandman...I have been researching for over 20 hours! (not straight of course) and am as confused as ever. What did you end up with? I bought a Sony HC42 but want to buy a housing tomorrow. I don't want to spend more than $900. Still confused???
I ended up buying the system listed above from meekal. It was a great deal...two cameras with an Ikelite housing and all the goodies for $1200. I've only been able to use it once, and the results were outstanding at 40' with no external lighting and a red filter.
I really like the Ikelite housing, if you can get one for the $900 you want to spend, I'd go for it.

triggertravel:

At your price point the field is narrowed down to 4 housings ? For your price, people have suggested Top Dawg, Equinox, Ikelite and Ocean Images.

Make a decision and pull the trigger. There is no "best" housing for everyone. If there were we would all be using it.

In case you're still looking - I've had great luck looking on Ebay (seach something like "Ikelite video").

I bought a double set of lights for my Ikelite setup at half the price.

Just a suggestion

Sorry guys... there was another thread by the same name on another forum that had to do with someone giving up instructing, so I've been ignoring this one thinking it was that one...
Yeah, I know, my excuses are unacceptable.
Anyway, here are some specs on the mystery housing...
Brand: SubXero Extreme
loa just shy of 13½"
body length is 10¼"
OD 6½"
ID 5 3/4"
from end cap to dome port (inside) 11¼ at edge, 11½ at center
"Macro/Zoom" control lever is 4½" from backplate at 12:10 position (looking from backplate forward)
"Power" control lever is 6" from backplate at 11:40 position
"Pause" control lever is 1 9/16" from backplate at 3:15 position
Mounting plate is 4 3/4" from inside top of housing
4" from mounting plate to "Macro/Zoom" lever
3½" from mounting plate to "Power" lever
Dome port is centered about ½" left of center
There is a 1½" diameter viewfinder magnifying glass just inside the backplate at the 10:30 position. (but it is on a rotatable mount, so it can swing away from the side of the housing toward the center)
Obviously this housing is for a specific camera that so far I've been unable to locate.
As I said, if any of you have the camera that fits inside this thing, it's yours for the cost of shipping from Alabama - the thing weighs about 15 pounds!
S

ronrosa:
At your price point the field is narrowed down to 4 housings ? For your price, people have suggested Top Dawg, Equinox, Ikelite and Ocean Images.

Make a decision and pull the trigger. There is no "best" housing for everyone. If there were we would all be using it.

Thanks Ron. I'm super analytical and always in search of the best deal! I think you're right....tonight is the night I need to order!

Thanks for the push.

Will

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom