I got 5/6 days vaca coming up looking for suggestions in carribean

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bgmizzo

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey there all,
Hubby and I have around 75+ dives under our belt we like to keep things simple no drift diving, we like lots of little life some big stuff is nice too. We keep most of our diving at 60ft + hubby
likes to take pics while I mosey around him.

We have done Bonaire 3 x, Turks and Caicos 1x, Cayman brac 1x, we are coming from New England want to get in and dive next day. Prefer 3 day dives as we only have 3/4 diving days and we
always leave snorkeling for the day prior to leaving.

Are considering LC, seems expensive for a 5 day trip , any suggestions? Is GC worth it Hubby thinks it's overcrowded I think so too but neither have been, just listening to talk

Going in late Nov/early Dec.

Not adverse to going back to T&C but not Bonaire as you have the mandatory Marine park reservation orientations and loose the first day/ first boats because of it.

We dove GC last January and really enjoyed it. Stayed at Sunset House. Great place / staff / boats etc. unlimited shore diving, so we got tons of diving in. The island is really expensive though.

Our fav is cozumel. It can be done very inexpensively. I know you mention no drift, and well, there's a drift there, but it's a nice drift. Just float along and see the tiny and giant marine life. There are certain dive sites that might make photography more difficult (Torrentinos (?)) due to current, but the majority are not that severe.

Just my .02...

Cozumel will be less expensive and excellent diving.

You can probably fly non-stop to St. Marteen. Diving is OK - not great but good enough.

Your trip choice will be governed by logistics of airline schedule and access on the given days of your trip.

Even if your profile stated your precise city or location/departure, you yourself know which islets are within practical reach- as well as any given day's access. Many air routes are only doable on a Sat-Sat turn.

Figure that out first, then let us know what your options really are.

Then define "seems expensive". What do you really want to spend... not including the air fare.

Scuba Club Cozumel just posted a nice deal. Plus you can do unlimited shore diving right there to practice photogs. LOTS to see at 20'. tell the DMs your depth request and they will accomodate. Here's thier offer:

Christmas comes early with our best special this year!

It's Our Famous 5-4-3 Special

5 nights
4 days of boat diving
3 meals a day
plus unlimited beach diving

Just $543 plus tax per diver in double occupancy

Payment due at booking to qualify for the special! Dates of special: Nov. 1 - Dec. 19, 2011.

The "light option" w/o dinner is also available.

No other discounts apply. Rates subject to availability.

For reservations call Aqua-Sub Tours at 1-800-847-5708
or visit ScubaClubCozumel.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom