I Got A New Flip Video HD Cam & Ikelite Housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OIS can be added during editing also. I do not know however it if does so by cutting parts of the screen. I haven't tried it yet.

There are different ways to apply anti-shake in post-processing, including frame-shifting. But it's technically not "optical" image stabilization at that point :wink: And it does work quite well, but it effectively crops the shot, so you need to make sure you shoot wider than what you want the end result to be.

Thanks for fixing the video Sabbath999 - looks like it works now, and the quality looks quite good!

Really cool video, neat dive spot too. :)

I'm impressed more and more with these small video recorders.

Shoot me a PM and we'll arrange a time to meet!

What's the purpose of a Youtube private video, or by posting on a public forum (SB) where nobody can see the thing?

X

Sorry about that... I was using iMovie to post it, and I didn't realize that the default was set to private. I could see it, so I didn't know you all couldn't until somebody here told me about it.

Don't mind me, I am just a :dork2:

Do you know if the threads on the side of hte housing is a 1/4 20 screw?

Are you looking for a single or dual video light setup?

Here are some combos that we offer for compact housings. We can easily find the mount you see here:

Blog - New! Ikelite Flip Ultra & Ultra HD Video Cameras - Underwater Photo and Video

and mount the camera on our tray using the L bracket. Otherwise we can just use the L Bracket and mount a single video light on there.

Another option is to just mount a shorter tray (we have a 7" tray not shown on our website) and from there you can run a 7" arm or 12" arm from the side.

You can see all of our video light and some of the more popular combos for the compact housings here: Nocturnal Lights Underwater Video Lights

The video posted is not bad at all, but the lack of lighting makes everything look lifeless without the colors.

So what would you recommend, assuming I wanted to start out with one light for this camera (and also assuming I want to use it when I get a more advanced camera) and eventually probably add a second light.

How, specifically, would you set it up if you were me and you decided to use your lighting products?

Back
Top Bottom