I got my new 1200 yesterday and added the video light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

you can change the settings on the sealife video light to work as a focus light (to turn off when the flash goes off). I added one to my camera and will be testing it (both ways) next week in the Caymans. I will post a review and pictures.

Very cool! I look forward to seeing your pics, and have a great time in Cayman!

Perhaps I assumed incorrectly that he was referring to the Sealife video light, but considering that the title of this subdirectory is "Sealife Station", Sealife only makes one video light for this camera setup, Street says that he added THE (not "a") video light, and mentions how they should have designed it better, I'm guessing not. But, Street, if I assumed incorrectly, feel free to correct me.
Just to be clear... The title does say "the" and his first sentence says "a".

To be honest, until your post after mine, I didn't even know that SeaLife had delivered a light to consumers. I had to look up the SL980 from your post. My post was simply pointing out how a focus/video light works and some images using only the video light.

As far as knowing which of my pictures... except for a few, I couldn't tell you which were taken with a light and which were not... I can tell you none were taken with the SL980, but again... unknown based on the OP's title and first post. I can tell you that I and a large number of divers use SeaLife cameras and other brands of focus/video light

... I will add, it shouldn't matter... video light is video light when taking a photo without strobes (unless you are using a very poor light), and yes, I too would like to see photos taken with the SL980[/QUOTE]

Here's the post of Kfilly that you originally replied to... in a Sealife forum, with a thread title specifically mentioning the Sealife video light:

"Have you used THE video light on a dive? I was wondering how well it worked, and I have not seen any reviews on it."

Really?...lol.

Dude, I've answered more SeaLife questions than you have total posts here. I'm not here to get into it with you, and you certainly aren't worth an argument.

Search this forum for questions about video lights or focus lights or what ever...

"The" video light is a simple generic way to refer to "the" video light that the OP is using... My video light, his video light... they can all be "the" video light when someone is referring to any video light. Get a friggin' life

It's certainly interesting to see the phrase "Get a life" right along with one's boasting of having more posts on an online message board...lol. And if your reply to me is how you define "answering", then yes, I'm sure you have.

I originally complimented your pics and asked a few honest questions about them, and the subject matter that WAS clearly stated and understandable by any literate person reading it. But, rather than you stating that you were mistaken, and that you, in fact, had never even used the item being discussed, you replied to me in a smart-assed manner not even coming close to answering anyone's questions. You list on your profile that your SB challenge is "not pointing out stupidity"... I guess I suffer the same ailment as you.

I thought it was implied that it was the Sealife video light, they only make one.

The OP states that he added a/the video light. There is no mention of type, model or other information. My video light happens to turn off when my strobes flash. Other than that, it works like every other video light on the market.

You may know the OP. If that is the case, you would know better than the rest of us what the OP was asking about. It's not so cut and dry clear that the OP is talking about the SeaLife video light for those of us who don't know him/her.

Finding my photos is one of the easiest things for people to do (if they try just a little). Go to the Photo Gallery, look on the right hand side about half way down the page... I am listed as the third most posted pictures on SB, or just search the gallery for CoolTech and you will find all 2114 there in the Gallery.

I will state it again clearly, so there is no confusion: I can't imagine a time when one would use them in combo (any video light and strobe)

I never state that I am using the SL980, but then again, neither does the OP.

I haven't had the chance to use it at all yet, the ocean has been pretty rough here lately.

streetjudge79,

Have you used the video light on a dive? I was wondering how well it worked, and I have not seen any reviews on it. You also asked me a question about hand placement in a different thread where Sealife camera pictures are posted. I replied there. Just let me know if you have any questions.

kfilly

I have the dual setup, Sealife DC1200 with Sealife Strobe and Video Light. I just left the video light on the whole time and was not aware that there was an option to have it turn off when the strobe fires (focus light mode as Madvelazquez mentioned).

Here are some links to a few of my posts:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sealife-station/234308-show-us-your-sealife-weekend-diving-pics-49.html#post5746613

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/sealife-station/234308-show-us-your-sealife-weekend-diving-pics-48.html#post5685571

I think this definitely helped in the dark water of the PNW. I have only used the camera twice, once in Hawaii and once in the San Juans and shot on full auto. I did some basic auto correct stuff with Microsoft's photo viewer/editor.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom