I GOT THE JOB!!!!! I'm going to St. Thomas for 3 months!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

medic_diver45

Contributor
Reaction score
WOOO-HOOO!!!! I got a call a few minutes ago from one of the temporary healthcare agencies....I had applied for a respiratory therapist position in St. Thomas and it looks like I got it. 3 months (20 September to 19 December) on a beautiful island with great diving and supposedly some of the best fishing in the Caribbean! WOOO-HOO! This means I can learn to dive in water reminiscent of Evian, instead of an oversized mud puddle. YES! (Sorry, don't mean to gloat but this is the first thing that has gone right (on this scale) for me in quite some time).

If anyone is going to be down there and wants to dive (and doesn't mind diving with a newly certified diver) during that time frame, let me know as I'll be looking for dive buddies. I should have my OW diver cert sometime around the start of October (I'm giving myself a few days to get settled and stuff before I take the class) and my AOW by the middle of the month.

-Steve

Congratulations.......enjoy.

medic_diver45:
WOOO-HOOO!!!! I got a call a few minutes ago from one of the temporary healthcare agencies....I had applied for a respiratory therapist position in St. Thomas and it looks like I got it. 3 months (20 September to 19 December) on a beautiful island with great diving and supposedly some of the best fishing in the Caribbean!

Have fun. :D

Congratulations!!! Glad you got the job and the opportunity to expeerience not only great diving, but a different way of life :) Good luck in your class and your new job.

Drop us a ilne and keep us informed.

cheers,
Maria

Thanks everyone....if anyone wants postcards let me know :wink: LOL

I can't believe you would leave the beautiful and aromatic state of Ind just for that...:)

No really, I'm not jealous...:)

Congrats!
hope my advice and thoughts helped. Enojy down there.

There are some great non-diving activities be sure to take a trip to Jost Van Dyke, swim into the Soggy Dollar bar and have one of their famous pain killers. A great non-dive day is the trip on the New Horizons II boat. You leave in the morning, go to Virgin Gorda, lunch at Pusser's on Marina Cay and wind up at the Soggy Dollar before heading back to St. Thomas.

Chris

Back
Top Bottom