I guess I should have started here.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

INTRUDERDIVER

Registered
Reaction score
Well I am just posting a hello message to everyone. I have already jumped into the other threads and posted some questions with great responses. My wife and I just completed our classroom, closed water certification last weekend. We are going to the blue hole in New Mexico the last weekend of April to complete our open water exit dive and then we are off to Mexico the following weekend to Cozumel. We have another trip planned to Cozumel in November and another on to Hawaii next year. I am extremely excited to get moving on exploring the underwater world. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

welcome aboard! (officially :wink:)

INTRUDERDIVER:
Well I am just posting a hello message to everyone. I have already jumped into the other threads and posted some questions with great responses. My wife and I just completed our classroom, closed water certification last weekend. We are going to the blue hole in New Mexico the last weekend of April to complete our open water exit dive and then we are off to Mexico the following weekend to Cozumel. We have another trip planned to Cozumel in November and another on to Hawaii next year. I am extremely excited to get moving on exploring the underwater world. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Congrats and welcome!
You're going to LOVE Cozumel.
Enjoy!

And welcome to SB!! :D Put us in your favorites and check in often.

INTRUDERDIVER:
My wife and I just completed our classroom, closed water certification last weekend.

"Closed Water" - maybe not a new term, but new to me. I like it.

INTRUDERDIVER:
We are going to the blue hole in New Mexico the last weekend of April to complete our open water exit dive and then we are off to Mexico the following weekend to Cozumel. We have another trip planned to Cozumel in November and another on to Hawaii next year.

If you see a couple of old farts in a red or white pickup, flying a Texas flag from the window, come say howdy! We get over there to practice. My bud is doing his AOW & Nitrox there next weekend, while I'm Key Largo, :59: so it'll be about time for us.

Some of us would say that Cozumel is not exactly Newbie diving. You'll be fine, but let everyone on the boat - crew and tourists - know you're new, don't be shy about help, and follow your training. The Dive Guides are really good with greenhorns if you tell them; I've seen many of them hold the nervous diver's hand. Where are you staying, and who are you diving with? Use the SEARCH feature at the top here to check both - in both Cozumel and Mexico forums, as they were recently split.

Good luck, dive safe, and have fun!

don
:jump013:

Congratulations on your diving and welcome to SB, you'll love Cozumel, it's very beautiful out there and a lot to do along with some fantasic sites to see diving.

Welcome to SB.
Congratulations on getting this far...dont stop now!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom