I have a question for all you SP R190 owners.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GLWeek

Contributor
Reaction score
hey, I just got a 190 octo and when I push the purge it freeflows like crazy and wont stop. When it freeflows I half to turn the adjuster knob all the way up and then down to stop it. is this normal? can it be fixed? thanks

The R190's simply tuned a bit too sensitive.

Like I recommended with your MK16 first stage, I would say to have a certified tech look at it.

This is probably a simple adjustment.

BTW, you can usually stop a freeflow by turning the reg mouthpiece down in the water... Or even "popping it" with your hand in that direction.

Were these regs used?

snipes287 once bubbled...
Hey, I just got a 190 octo and when I push the purge it free flows like crazy and won't stop. When it free flows I have to turn the adjuster knob all the way up and then down to stop it. is this normal? can it be fixed? thanks

I didn't think the R 190 had an adjustment. Are you sure it's not a G-250? In either case, keep the mouthpiece down and you won't have a problem.:boom:

The knob on the R-190 and 380 is to control a flow vane, it changes the pathway of air through the regulator body and will form a low pressure area inside causing the free flow.

Set the knob to minimum and you should sovle the problem.

Jeff Lane

The "venturi assist" knob on the R190 (and R380) should be set just below the point where a freeflow will sustain itself.

If the cracking pressure is set correctly this results in a nice-breathing reg that will not keep freeflowing once purged.

Back
Top Bottom