i have never heard of this.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
hehehe... no, no... i don't swallow the WATER :wink:

i close my mouth and THEN swallow. there's enough moisture in your mouth
to get your throat undry

i was about to say andy that would be a very bad idea in the ocean
(sorry have nto loged on in a bit navy stuff)

Corigan:
Andy really enjoys it when there is plenty of fish poop in suspension. :)

dude, protein...

Drew1:
i was on a dive boat last weekend when i heard two people talking about drymouth from there regs. one guy said that he usually brings one of those camel packs with him to decrease drymouth and dehydration. i've never heard of such a thing, what do u think

thanks,
Drew

I have heard of this. I have one for that purpose....just can't figure out how to carry it.

They make a unit that attaches to your reghose that can squirt water in your mouth through the mouthpiece. Then there is some kind of filter that you can attach in line that warms and humidifies the air as it enters the second stage...

Try this.

Six string, you are talking about the biofilter made by apollo. I have met a few people who dive with one, and everyone I know has liked it. My wife has problems with the dry air triggering her gag reflex. I am probably going to get her a biofilter and hope it works for her.

TwoBit

Corigan:
Capri Sun's work great underwater. Drymouth can sometimes be a symptom of not being hydrated enough.

Matt
I used to have this problem, until I started reading about the importance of hydrating here on SB. Now I work at it, 2 or 3 quarts a day of non-diuretic liquids when diving, includeing 1 of sport drink. Helps in many ways, but have not had dry mouth since, or chapped lips. :crafty:

DandyDon:
I used to have this problem, until I started reading about the importance of hydrating here on SB. Now I work at it, 2 or 3 quarts a day of non-diuretic liquids when diving, includeing 1 of sport drink. Helps in many ways, but have not had dry mouth since, or chapped lips. :crafty:
I'm with you Don. I used to get drymouth on every dive, badly. I started hydrating more heavily and on a daily basis and I haven't noticed drymouth in my last 30-40 dives.

Matt

Hydration helps a lot.

My second stage (Sherwood Oasis) has these metal fins inside it that condense the moisture out of your exhale breath and if you get the dry feeling and quick inhale draws that moisture off the fins. And you can swallow it too if need be.

CIBDiving:
Do a web search for "SCUDA" <self contained underwater drinking apperatus> and see what you find.
As for dry mouth I have found that Nitrox is better. (besides staying well hydrated) Think about taking your enriched air or nitrox course

TwoBitTxn:
Try this.

Six string, you are talking about the biofilter made by apollo. I have met a few people who dive with one, and everyone I know has liked it. My wife has problems with the dry air triggering her gag reflex. I am probably going to get her a biofilter and hope it works for her.

TwoBit

The Bio Filters really do work great... I won't go on a trip without one... http://scubatoys.com/store/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=BioFilter&referer=sb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom