I have very long, very narrow feet, and I can't find fins that fit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Force fin makes fins with velcro tightened foot pockets, in their regular Forcefin, http://www.forcefin.com/snorkeling/force-fin-adjustable-foot-pocket. I have and like the force fin pros as the regular are a bit easy to over kick to me. They also had a military version that you might find on ebay that laced up over presumably a boot.

Edit: to mention regular vs. slims, at same time as posts below.

Last edited:
you should fit a large. I wear a L barefoot and its nice and snug (I am 26cm and 30cm) at those points. So I expect it will work well. Normally I would not hesitate to put you in a XL with the comfort instep, but very narrow foot I am not as sure . ForceFins fit nicely if they are little big, but a little small is not comfortable at all. Booties that have a hard (tennis shoe) like sole need a larger opening than a thin soled boot.

Also, I recommend calling Terrapin Wetsuits. They make custom wetsuits, hoods, and booties.They should be able to make a bootie that fits you more comfortably.

Meesier42, thanks man!

Barefoot, my feet measure 21cm around just behind the ball-of-foot, and 24cm just in front of the ankle.

In my booties (which don't fit very well, TBH), they measure 25.5cm and 29cm, respectively.

Toris1968, yeah I'm eyeing those comfort inserts. Are they secure once placed? Won't pop off while swimming and disappear into the deep blue?

Diver0001, I understand your student's frustration! The problem I'm having is that most open heel fins only seem to be able to be adjusted at the BACK of the heel, rather than across the top of the foot or around the diameter of the foot. So when I pull em tight enough to at least not fall off, my toes are shoved in so far they are literally curled up, which let me tell you is agony when finning after a minute or two. That's despite wearing 5mm booties with a thick rubber sole. Talk about foot cramps. At least with the full footer's I can get a smaller size then just stick my toes out the front hole. If you know of any brands you can pull tight AROUND rather than BEHIND, let me know? That'd probably be perfect.
Yes the inserts are very secure. They are have Velcro,straps that keep it in place

And you can stack 2 inserts inside the foot pocket (the velcro straps are long enough to handle 2) which narrows it at the top and sides but not much (if any) at the bottom. I have the adjustable pockets on my slim fins and Rip Force. I use both barefoot with a size 10.5 men's and there is room up and down. I use the slim's for doing laps since they are soft and work well in conjunction with arm strokes and the Rip's (with whiskers) for snorkeling since they are stiffer than the regular force fins (which I find a little too soft) - I use Hockey's (XXL) with an insert and medium sole 3 mm boot for diving. With that said - the regular adjustables with whiskers might be a good combination for you.

Thanks everybody! Guess I start combing the classifieds for some used size L force fins of one variety or another. Appreciate all the help :)

I have seen people wearing converse hi-top tennis shoes. That might be a good option to get you better fit in your fins. You can wear socks too.

You need to post a photo of your feet... Then we can see what we're dealing with..

Jim..

Some tech divers used to wear Converse Chuck Taylors (high tops) with their drysuits. I am thinking that if you wear a thick wetsock then put the sneakers on, your feet should be stable and water won't slosh around inside the boot. Another suggestion is to start a new thread asking people to report fins that has a narrow pocket and try them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom