I heard from AERIS today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

skeet

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I sent AERIS an e-mail about the troubles a few of us here are having with the download software, they responded quickly. The rep said all the computer guys are working on solutions, he said it was monopolizing his life.

skeet:
I sent AERIS an e-mail about the troubles a few of us here are having with the download software, they responded quickly. The rep said all the computer guys are working on solutions, he said it was monopolizing his life.

Skeet, what problems in particular are you having? I've yet to have an issue using the Aeris DL cable or the SW.

Derek S:
Skeet, what problems in particular are you having? I've yet to have an issue using the Aeris DL cable or the SW.

I also just used my cable last night for the first time without any major issues but did find that it is very picky. I had to turn my printer off before the driver would load and had to power off the computer, plug in the cable, and then power on to get it to work the first time. Also, make sure the cable is securely connected to your Elite. Any wiggle in the connection and it won't initiate the hand shake. Also, download the driver first and then the softwear. Just some thoughts that helped me. They may prove to be useless for your issues depending on what you are running. I am running windows xp.

The softwear is simple to use and the info and bar graphs are outstanding tools. I really love "playing" the bar graph of a dive. It helped me remember my dives better and also showed me how I can make my dives safer. Very cool. I didn't think I would use the cable but I am glad I got it.

I was having all the mentioned problems above plus some. Tried to install the SW 7 times and it took 20+ download attempts but it finally worked. I kept getting these messages, " driver not found ", " time out " even though the countdown was still above 100, " invalid product ", others that I cant remember. I too turned on and off everything, closed other apps- this was a big help, after it did start to download it would just quit midstream, the Elite would display a startup screen and then shut off. I must agree it is very finicky and problematic and once my dives were DL it was great. I really like the graph screen also, had know idea I fluctuated so much, it will be a useful learning tool. It took me a couple of days with my dive buddy also trying to get it done. You know in this day and age these programs should not be so difficult.

Well I used my Elite for the first time this week in Cozumel and the dives downloaded without any issues. I think the bar graph feature is awesome... it helps me replay my dives in my head and it let's me see where my problem areas are.

The only issue I have with the graphs, is that for some reason, my colors are screwed up. I can't read any of the text.

I saw your thread about that, didn't have a helpful answer for ya. That must be the only glich I havn't seen or more corectly created myself. I'm not very computer savvy.

I have the Atmos 2 which uses the same software/usb cable. I had no problems with the installation or getting downloads (feeling lucky right now), but the gooey icon interface is in an infant stage and I look forward to this software growing into a more robust and menu driven.
When you are all talking about the bar graph, do you mean linear? My software only has a linear graph, no bar graph.
But all and all it is really nice to get access to all the dive information available now, in the future it will only get better. Maybe we can open up an "SB" dialogue with Aeris, they are not far from me, and I wouldn't mind talking with them personaly, I'm sure they might like some real world feedback.

David

I have an 500AI - it uses the serial cable. Software installs fine, and downloads are no problem, but, I can't edit/update a dive. Problems with the date picker - won't display proberly to let me chose a date, nor can I edit basic details, like buddy information. When I save, I get a 'run time error 3314'. Sounds like a problem with the Access DB interface.

I've reported a few times to Aeris, but only received the "we got your message and are working on it" type reply. Furture inquires have been ignored.

Atmos2 w/ USB.

On 3 different PC's it will cheerfully:

Lose blocks of dives;
Refuse to download new dives without downloading them all;
Then not show the new ones.
And (almost forgot this) occasionally, insist on a reboot before restarting the program.

The dive computer is really great. The desktop software is an Access kludge.

All the best, James

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom