i just filled up my doubles while pmv is broken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I think the point being made was that even at the very first signs of moisture, the filter has been in too long. Liquid water should never make it's way into your filtration system, it's only designed to remove water vapour.

Looking at the sieve and saying "it's not wet so it's still good" is not an accurate/safe determination of filter condition.

If you've ever seen a filter fire you'll know what I mean. Liquid water + molecular sieve = bad times.

You're about right though, 10-12hrs is good a P21 filter assuming your ambient temp is around 25°C.

maybe not 25. more like 28C. i usually fill late afternoon... 4ish. pm

bauer said... 10hrs..

Bauer does not say 10hrs and certainly not with a stainless repackable which has nowhere near the efficiency

Here's what Bauer says only using their filters start and finish stainless weight can be calculated with thought

Screenshot (901).png

Auf Wiedersehen!

im approximately at 36 bottles per change. at 12 hrs. as some bottles have 40bars. but some has leftovers of 90-110bar.... I have kids and wife diving.... they dont seem to breath :p much

I’ve seen how a single drop of water between the whip and valve face will atomize and fully coat the inside of a cylinder.

So that's where Niagra went

niagara_falls_without_water_1969.jpg

and higher percentages of oxygen

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom