i just filled up my doubles while pmv is broken

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ok found out the rubber smell...

worn out belt. somehow it was sliding and the smell got sucked in the intake. moved my intake further away.
solved the smell..

technician came over and fixed my pmv.

@happy-diver not true . Yes its very humid in the Philippines if you live by the sea.

My compressor is not by the sea.. from where i live it's humid but not that humid.. and i usually fill during the less humid times... surrounded by grass and trees.

ive done 12hrs and my sieve has no sign of being wet. some have done 18hrs. with half wet. I guess depends on your immediate area.

ok found out the rubber smell...

worn out belt. somehow it was sliding and the smell got sucked in the intake. moved my intake further away.
solved the smell..
Actually it's a slipping belt,
Wore out because of slippage.

You should check tension every so often, one way to check if its slipping is check how hot the pulley gets.

Actually it's a slipping belt,
Wore out because of slippage.

You should check tension every so often, one way to check if its slipping is check how hot the pulley gets.

yes exactlly that.... didnt notice it. belt already got twisted. need to be careful this time

look at this one from Amazon.com.

IR Gun

how do you measure how hot the pulley gets?

IR gun is good to get fairly accurate measurements.... get a base line temp with it running, not slipping, after 30mins or so....
Then if it's way up you know its slipping.

I usually just do it the quick and dirty test, after you shut it down, wet a finger, and touch a pulley quick. If it sizzles, you have a problem.

That's what I use.
Well, me too, although I don’t think I have ever used it on a pulley.

With belts properly tight and maintained, that’s not a thing.

Back
Top Bottom