I just had to click FSS emblem, what is it?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do you mean the RSS button, next to the XML button at the bottom of the page?

skeet:
What is this for? Looked like Russian to me. Yea, not a computer guy.
Simple answer:

RSS and Atom files provide news updates from a website in a simple form for your computer. You read these files in a program called an aggregator, which collects news from various websites and provides it to you in a simple form.

Everything you'd want to know about it:
http://www.mnot.net/rss/tutorial/

Yea that button. Thanks for the link sjspeck. I did try to read it but there are just to many unknown terms and subjects for me to really get it. Dont see how it would benefit me in my SB activities. Thanks for trying to help me but I'm to far behind in the computer world.

skeet:
Yea that button. Thanks for the link sjspeck. I did try to read it but there are just to many unknown terms and subjects for me to really get it. Dont see how it would benefit me in my SB activities. Thanks for trying to help me but I'm to far behind in the computer world.
In simpler terms what an RSS feed would provide you would be a digest version of the areas of this board that you selected via an RSS reader program. So you would see updates to this board without having to actually browse it.

Probably not something you'd be interested in. I don't use RSS either.

Back
Top Bottom