I knew conditions were bad, but,,,Damn!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I drove up to Santa Barabara yesterday from the Inland Empire. The ocean looks like a cocoa boat exploded. I'm hating this...on vacation this week and no diving. Oh well, next month is Belize, Roatan, Cancun and Cozumel...just hafta practice diving in the spa, I guess.

I just got back from 3 days at the Channel Islands last night.
One site (a pinnacle that I forgot the name of) had 60 ft vis.
For the most part it sucked doing the trip in a storm, but I'm still glad I went.
It was good training.
28 divers landed about 9 bugs,6 of which were taken from very riskly cave dives that about killed one of the divers.He got WACKED and bloodied up by the surge.He also didn't have on his gear (squezzing through cave/cavern entrances) which might have been the reason he also broke his second stage.
For the most part I don't care what people do....but please don't get killed or hurt near me.
My daughter and I got skunked on the bugs but came home with 45 nice scallops,so we are now calling this our scallop trip.
A few times winds were 60 or so mph and we were in sheltered area.
Gooey...sheesh I only heard people whisper weenie :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom