I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm picking up a double hammer coach gun 12ga this week end, about 100 years old, should be fun to shoot.

On another note I just took the NRA basic pistol course. Shot 241/250 to qualify so that was something to be excited about. We had one guy ex military who shot 249/250. It was a very different version of the course, instead of the typical 4 hours class room with a couple hours of range time to qualify, it was 24 hours of class room over 3 days and a full day of range time. They did a round robin at the range and brought out about 40 different fire arms that everyone got to shoot, everything from .380s to glocks, single action colt 44s, 357 magnums, full series of shot guns, AR-15s, AK-47, and one instructor brought her desert eagle 50. Quite a fun and good educational experience in all, I learned a lot and am starting the process of breaking bad habits. Instructors were all volunteer and it was one-on-one instructor to student ratio so it made it a quick experience to correct problems with instant feed back.

That sounds very cool.

I'm picking up a double hammer coach gun 12ga this week end, about 100 years old, should be fun to shoot.

On another note I just took the NRA basic pistol course. Shot 241/250 to qualify so that was something to be excited about. We had one guy ex military who shot 249/250. It was a very different version of the course, instead of the typical 4 hours class room with a couple hours of range time to qualify, it was 24 hours of class room over 3 days and a full day of range time. They did a round robin at the range and brought out about 40 different fire arms that everyone got to shoot, everything from .380s to glocks, single action colt 44s, 357 magnums, full series of shot guns, AR-15s, AK-47, and one instructor brought her desert eagle 50. Quite a fun and good educational experience in all, I learned a lot and am starting the process of breaking bad habits. Instructors were all volunteer and it was one-on-one instructor to student ratio so it made it a quick experience to correct problems with instant feed back.

Damn, that sounds like a great class. Too bad NY state law makes such a class impossible in our state. :shakehead:

Our enlightened leadership made it a felony for anyone not on permit for a specific handgun to fire that weapon. We could not even do so during my Carry Permit classes with County Sheriff personnel. You can handle an unloaded firearm at a licensed gun shop, but not shoot it on a range, as the law was explained to us. It would be a felony for both of us for me to hand someone my handgun to shoot.

Damn, that sounds like a great class. Too bad NY state law makes such a class impossible in our state. :shakehead:

Our enlightened leadership made it a felony for anyone not on permit for a specific handgun to fire that weapon. We could not even do so during my Carry Permit classes with County Sheriff personnel. You can handle an unloaded firearm at a licensed gun shop, but not shoot it on a range, as the law was explained to us. It would be a felony for both of us for me to hand someone my handgun to shoot.

That is absolutely disgusting!!! Seriously. Absolutely disgusting. You come down here Jim. I'll let you shoot every firearm I own and no one will thing twice about it.

Here are some pictures.

d3e6d108065fe643101a8a0ba75da7f7_zps2388f9fe.jpg

c7d8d31099a63a3b6d081d3a037deb7f_zpsf8c63089.jpg

c29dda8d017af60ed65b50bff6a94065_zps7655cf6f.jpg

It's absolutely crazy how that is absolutely the opposite of 'not infringing' on the right of a citizen to bear arms. I moved out of NY 20 years ago to get away from all that. It lasted here in Colorado for about 18 years. Now unfortunately we are a 'swing' state and all the so called non-liberals' who moved out of California and came to Colorado to escape all the high taxes and crazy laws there have slowly voted in their liberal candidates who have started turning Colorado back into the state they all fled from.

The pendulum hopefully will swing back the other way across America in a couple more years. I see that DC threw out their ability to prevent a citizen from carrying a fire arm, if it can happen in DC it can happen in NY.

It's absolutely crazy how that is absolutely the opposite of 'not infringing' on the right of a citizen to bear arms. I moved out of NY 20 years ago to get away from all that. It lasted here in Colorado for about 18 years. Now unfortunately we are a 'swing' state and all the so called non-liberals' who moved out of California and came to Colorado to escape all the high taxes and crazy laws there have slowly voted in their liberal candidates who have started turning Colorado back into the state they all fled from.

The pendulum hopefully will swing back the other way across America in a couple more years. I see that DC threw out their ability to prevent a citizen from carrying a fire arm, if it can happen in DC it can happen in NY.

Power to the people.

Well, one unexpected side effect of our "enlightened" big city Lib Governor, Andrew Cuomo's fabricated "emergency" to push through his gun grabbing SAFE act, is that respect for law on many levels has sunk to new lows. Folks simply have no respect for the Governor and his gun laws, which may turn out to be a very liberating event when we look back.

Plenty of locally elected county Sheriffs have said they will simply not enforce the new laws, and off the record I have had several NY State Troopers admit that they are not enforcing it, and even have their own weapons that are now "illegal".

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom