I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pretty cool sight with some nifty pix.

High speed ballistics photography by Herra Kuulapaa

example
500sw_zps6c686937.jpg

---------- Post added March 1st, 2014 at 05:40 PM ----------

ugyse9yg.jpg
aga5y8u4.jpg

New toy XDS. 45

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

ge8a7yda.jpg

My AR family
re4e5uje.jpg

My favorite SBR
hy9utegu.jpg

The SBR'd mini draco, so much fun to shoot, loud and a huge fire ball on most shots
4uga8y9u.jpg

9mm AR, SBR'd and suppressed, the tri lug suppressor, pulls double duty on the MP5.
gy5u9ugy.jpg

10.5" barrel AR, there's usually a Liberty Torch suppressor hanging off the end of it, it's a thread on, but I love it. It's hearing safe off the end of that 10.5" barrel and is super quiet on the end of my .22lr 1911, when shooting subs.

That's the really fun stuff, the others are the usual pistols and other long guns.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nice collection, DSR30.

Two passions that will leave your wallet empty. :D

Tell me about it...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

What do you use as a cleaning solution and for a lubricant?

Clean?

I use Frog Lube on several ARs and CLP on others.

Frog Lube works well for me.

When I clean something I just use good old Hoppes #9, every now and then some copper solvent

I love the smell of Hoppes #9. Even thought about getting one of the air fresheners they sell to hang in my truck.

On a somewhat related note the XDS I just purchased royally pi$$ed me off. I ran 300 rounds through it last Sunday, I had probably 40-50 failure to feeds. It was not the mag as it came with four and all four exhibited the same jam o matic behavior. Nor was it ammo related, I used 4 different brands of standard 230gn ball.

It currently sits in a degreasing solution in my ultasonic cleaner. Have ran it though a few cycles and will do a couple more. I will then scrub it some more and re-lube with CLP. Will run another few hundred through it and see how it performs. That does not work then back to the smith it goes.

I was highly shocked as any other XD line I have had experience with was totally reliable and never once had any sort of failure with them at all. Definately NOT what you want in a carry gun! Accuracy was very acceptable and recoil was not bad at all, especially out of such a small package. This is the reason that I will not carry a firearm until I have ran at least 500 rounds through it with no issues.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom