I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:joke:

---------- Post added October 10th, 2013 at 05:49 PM ----------

If you follow every post with :joke: you can say anything.

:joke:

---------- Post added October 10th, 2013 at 05:49 PM ----------

If you follow every post with :joke: you can say anything.

Will that work for posting a h@t chk pic??

Hockey, is that thing the same size as the Glock 27? I can't tell from the picture. Looks nice, though.

I'm with D on the pistol thing. I am fascinated with wheel guns but resist buying because I would not carry and rarely shoot. I prefer the feel and profile of the semi auto for carry and shooting. But pulling the hammer back on a well built revolver, hearing that special sound, feeling the life in the mechanism working together, is special.

CD, we decided to standardize on the Glock .40 cal for the same reasons. I still have one H&K USP 40 but I really like the simplicity of the Glock to work on. Plus my son in law is in law enforcement and is a Glock armorer.

Not sure on length or height but it's much thinner. I think the glock is 1.5" and the shield is .95"

Will that work for posting a h@t chk pic??

You can always try it and see.

But it's probably not a good idea...:)

Update on the Remington 581 S .22. Just finished adding the 3 -9 scope, sling, and bi pod. Also found a couple ten round clips to replace the factory five. Seems it takes the same clips as the nylon 77. It now looks like a mini sniper rifle. Just need to get to the range to tune it in.

I felt the .40 was a good compromise. Little larger than a 9mm, little faster than .45 and the magazine capacity is right between. Some people swear by .45, but the reality is that the wound channel isn't significantly larger. I'd rather a bit more velocity and higher capacity. The more rounds that can effectively be put on a target, the greater the chances of stopping the threat.
324062_10151116525400409_599507167_o.jpg
I've always enjoyed shooting .40. Subcompact for carry and full size for competition. Single caliber keeps logistics simple and no dies to change for reloading. PS I'm a little embarrassed to post this pic considering my supporting hand has slipped in position but i like the action of the casing being ejected. :cool2:

Last edited:
I'll admit it as well...this was my first, and still my favorite!

1 - ColtGovtModel45acp.jpg

So, for you 1911 lovers. Obviously you love the one you have, but if you were to recommend a manufacturer to someone to purchase, which would it be?

There's plenty of .45 options out there but I'm more interested in the pistol, it's quality, it's aesthetics, it's feel.

So, for you 1911 lovers. Obviously you love the one you have, but if you were to recommend a manufacturer to someone to purchase, which would it be?

Colt of course.

There's plenty of .45 options out there but I'm more interested in the pistol, it's quality, it's aesthetics, it's feel.

There is a model 1911 made by so many different manufacturers in so many different styles from government model to conceal carrys, to tournement to home defense, and from high to low prices, like dive operators in Cozumel, there is a 1911 out there for every budget and set of wants.

I'm a Colt collector so of course I love them and Colt in it's run of 114 years of making the 1911 has produced a version of the 1911 for every buyer, from classic WWI collectibles to Gold Cup Series for competitive shooting, Colt has made a version that is desireable to me for whatever I want one for. Colt - the original and still the best. Aesthetics and feel are subjective, you'll have to handle and check out a lot of 1911s to figure that part out for yourself, quality is easy, just plunk down the money for a Les Bauer and you've accompllished that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom