I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

On the picture above is M1911 A1 Colt, made in 1945, original from WWII. On my belt is Colt 1911 XSE Lightweight.

Standard M1911 style or smaller commander? (don't plan on carry, just have a bad case of the 'wants')

Full size

Here is the one you want...

Attachments

• 1911a1_c220405a2.jpg
    1911a1_c220405a2.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 134
So, for you 1911 lovers. Obviously you love the one you have, but if you were to recommend a manufacturer to someone to purchase, which would it be?

There's plenty of .45 options out there but I'm more interested in the pistol, it's quality, it's aesthetics, it's feel.

I chose a Colt for the history aspect to it, and the price was right. If I were in the market for another one, I would look at the Kimber's.

However, I love the look of this custom damascus job.

1 - DM Customs Damascus.jpg

I've never wanted a 1911 but I've shot a few and they are fun. I think my next gun might just be the big boy.

399040_01_smith_and_wesson_500_500_s_w_m_640.jpg

I got to fire one of those once (actually, twice), they're a blast! ert ert. Seriously, they really are fun! However, before the ammo crisis rounds were 5-10 bucks each. I bet it's 20 bucks a shot now!

And if a Sherman tank ever comes after you you can probably take it out!

Midway has boxes of 20 for between $32 and $62. Most was in the $50 range.

That's a little pricey for a Saturday afternoon plinking.

So, for you 1911 lovers. Obviously you love the one you have, but if you were to recommend a manufacturer to someone to purchase, which would it be?

There's plenty of .45 options out there but I'm more interested in the pistol, it's quality, it's aesthetics, it's feel.

Springfield Armory. I have the 1911 Champion.

Back
Top Bottom