I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried armslist.com?

Sent from my Galactic Communicator using TapaTalk

I am looking for a Browning 1919. 308 anyone have a lead on one?

Sarco has semi auto parts kits for about 2k, NFA items are more difficult to find and much more expensive

That's real nice. With the strict noise ordinances in the surrounding counties it is impossible to open a new outdoor, long shot range. Indoor around here is 25 yd max. But some of them are going up scale.

https://www.governorsgunclub.com/

Anyone ever put a red dot sight on a bolt action rifle? Are they good up to 100 yards?

Sent via Galactic Communicator using TapaTalk

I responded in MOF, but why limit your 270 to a short range weapon?

---------- Post added January 18th, 2015 at 12:40 PM ----------

xBDC_300_Reticle.png.pagespeed.ic.4k1P7fqgGS.png

Something along the lines of the Nikon BDC reticule would give that 270 a lot more reach.

I have that reticle option available (it's electronically selectable) I just wouldn't have any magnification.

I put one on a .44 mag lever action for my son for deer season this year. Personally I did not much care for it, and he did not either. Only possible shot he had was at 80-100 yds and due to our position on the ground and some brush between him and the deer he did not take it. Now if he would have been using a scope and had a clearer sight picture it probably would have resulted in his first deer.

Guess he did listen when instructed to never take a shot that was not a sure thing.

As for me a red dot is ok for 50yds or less, I really don't care for it at longer ranges.

---------- Post added January 22nd, 2015 at 08:51 PM ----------

I am looking for a Browning 1919. 308 anyone have a lead on one?

If not fully auto, Centerfire has them.

1919 A4 .308 Semi-Auto Rifle with Tripod, Pintle and T&E #RIFLE-1919-308

Back
Top Bottom