I lost my job...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kat, sorry to hear about your job...but look on the bright side- now you have plenty of time to use those airline travel benefits!! :wink:
Seriously though, I think I remember you live in the Chicago-area, right? I know a lot of recruiters here, since I used to work in HR. If you're ready to start looking for a job, PM me and I'll see what I can do for you.

Good luck Kat
I've been there, done that so many times my resume looks like I am unstable! LOL

The toughest part was trying to stay positive. At least you have another job to fall back on (the temp position I had ended on Dec 24, job #2 pays about half). While I was looking for work, I tried to keep myself surrounded with positive people. I also prayed alot (and still do). Like others said, when a door closes a window opens. Good luck, and enjoy the free time...

I know how you feel Kat, I have been out of work since Thanksgiving 2002, I have not found steady work since. The only thing I have going now is doing painting and home improvement to pay my truck and home payments.

Right now its the slow season since everyone has spent all their holiday shopping money and I am still praying everyday with no luck yet, but thank god for my fiance' for having a great job and support or I would never make it.

Keep your options open and something will come eventually... I know... I've been there!!

Hi Kat

Sorry to hear of the job loss....i work in Chicago for a large financial corporation....i have some friends in HR and also do some of the decision making on our Branch hires. Not sure what your looking for...pm me or e-mail me at srkester@yahoo.com if you want any information.

Good Luck to you. Remember everything happens for a reason. Think positive!

Best to you!
Sandy

Thank you for the HR offers. That is really, really nice of you.

I did pick up some additional office skills at my old job. Payroll, accts. payable etc. But don't think I'd qualify for REAL office work. I was a bar manager for a large night club. I'd probably be highly in demand at the company Christmas party, as I can make 1000's of drinks.

Thanks again to everyone who has given me moral support. You guys are the best!

Kat:
I'd probably be highly in demand at the company Christmas party, as I can make 1000's of drinks.
QUOTE]
Hey Kat, want to bartend my next party?! Party at Kat's place....who's up for it? :wink:

Kat:
I knew it was coming for a few months. But found out late on Monday Dec. 22 that I didn't need to come in on the 23rd. I'd aready packed up my desk on Friday...so I was just waiting to hear if the business had been sold or if the deal had fallen through. I'd been working there for over a year & I was really burned out, but the money had been great & it was my primary source of income. I'm lucky that I have my job at the airport to fall back on. I'd only kept that job for the travel benefits, as the pay is not much to speak of. It is our busy season now, so I will be able to work as much as I'd like, until June. Then I'll need to panic, as my hours get cut to the bare bones.

Hey Kat,

Only just seeing this news now and sincerely hope that you get something new squared away soon!! Good luck and chin up!

Cheers,
Bren.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom