I Love, Love, Love Scuba Club!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Monster

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
There's lots on Scuba Club, but I feel compelled to post this evening a short report. We were this March 12th -20th for a repeat.

What I love, love about Scuba Club ...

• A diver's resort
  • Shore dive upon arrival
  • Friendly staff
  • On site dive op and shop
  • Nitrox available
  • Friendly dive op/dive masters (dive masters more so)
  • Afternoon shore dive when you want
  • Architecture of resort
  • Good food
  • Quiet
  • Sunsets on the upper deck
  • Sunsets
  • A snooze in the hammock
  • Close walk to town
  • Close walk to the Mexican Walmart, Chedraui
  • Mexican BBQ night
  • The secret salsa de la casa, if you really like really hot!
Cozumel ...

• Diving ... visibilty, visibility, visibility
  • Seahorses, toad fish, turtles, eagle rays, nurse sharks, angel fish
  • Swim throughs
  • Palencar Cathedrals - new dive site for us this trip, highly recommended
  • Current ... weeeeeeee!
  • Wet Wendy's
  • Two hour plane flight from home
What not to love (for me) ... more cruise ships than when we were there last and more docks appear to be on the way. Also, the local soccer field on the way into town has been replaced by a concrete venue for tourist.

Nothing that will keep me from coming back thus far ... still loving the Scuba Club & Cozumel!

Punta Sur Cathedral, maybe?

Yes ... you are so right! Punta Sur Cathedral is the correct name of the site that I really liked. See, it has been a month and how quickly I forget. Time to go back.

Scuba Monster, I echo your sentiments. Really love the vibe and people there particularly the DMs. The food and servers are great as well. It is starting to look like I will get back there in August and really hope that happens. I check out the webcam very frequently!

Yes ... you are so right! Punta Sur Cathedral is the correct name of the site that I really liked. See, it has been a month and how quickly I forget. Time to go back.
Cool. The Cathedral is one of two must-do dives for me on every trip. The other is Colombia Shallows. I like to wait until later in the trip to do the Cathedral so my air management will be dialed in. To do it like I like to on an AL80 is a bit of a challenge.

I usually dive Colombia Shallows at least twice. A couple of years ago I dived it four times and my wife dived it five; she went once without me when I went fishing.

I felt the same way the first time we went to the Galapago Inn, now Scuba Club Cozumel. In fact, we loved it so much we've returned once or twice a year for over twenty years. Go make reservations for your next trip, you know you want to.

Been there twice now - LOVE It. Great divemasters, great resort staff, and very friendly atmosphere. Hope to be headed back there SOON !! :cool2:

Back
Top Bottom