I made it!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dorinh

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I completed my two day Open Water Certification dives this weekend! I am now a card carrying member.:14:
We dove in 55F water this weekend and things went fairly well. I had some pretty severe ear problems yesterday :11: , but today (Sunday) things went pretty well.
I can see that I need to work on my ear equalization, but other than that, things went well.

Congrats... Welcome aboard. Hopefully your new hobby will take you many warm and exotic places, opening a whole new world to you.

Congratulations,

Gosh I love Sunday nights around here!

Now just dive, dive and dive some more. Your are primed and ready for a summer of fun.

Pete

Great job on passing your class. You will figure that ear thing out.... I am sure that there are plenty of folks with advice for that on this board. Keep on diving and keep on learning about it. You have just scratched the surface of all there is to learn.

Steve

Congratulations on getting your C-card!

Don't worry about your ears, everybody has probelms in the beginning.

If I had to do my checkouts in 55 degree water I don't know if I ever would have gotten certified!

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I'm sure everyone has thier own reason for getting ceertified. I volunteer for a Boy Scout Troop in my neighborhood, and 4 of the older boys wanted to go Scuba Diving for thier High Adventure activity this summer. At first we thought... "Yeah. Right!". However, a little research and we've come a long ways.
There are 4 boys and 2 adults (including me) who will be leaving for Sea Base Florida (MM 78ish) in the keys. We all agreed that we'd get certified before we left. And we did!
Now we just need to finish preparing for the trip and we're set! What an adventure!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom