I need a dive-predive switch for my ScubaPro Pilot.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I picked up my Pilot with a Mark5 used in August of 1983, traded a brand new ScubaPro regulator for it. I can't remember which one. It was love at first sight. I put 100 dives on it by August 1984. Stored it until Feb 1988. I sent it to ScubaPro in California and had it tuned up. I used it again on a dive cruise in the BVI it worked like a charm. Back to storage. 1 dive August 1991. Stored again until April 2014. I was back on the Island (Puerto Rico) and back to diving. Somewhere down the line the dive-predive switch broke, I crazy glued it together, it kept working. 140 dives later on dive number 194 June 2017 it stopped working so I retired it, so I thought. Switched over to an Air1 great regulator. I sent the Pilot out to Warm water Jack who rebuilt the inside but couldn't find/replace the dive-predive switch. So thus my dilemma I need a dive-predive switch. I like my Air1, I also have a D350, a 109, a G200, and a G250-Graphite all great regulators but I would love to use my Pilot again. Therfore I'm reaching out to the community, anyone out there have a switch? Please contact me on this thread, I will be eternally thankful. Still diving at 73.

If you don't find any of those switches in the US, you can contact me.
But it shouldn't be too difficult to find one of Pilot switches since they are the same as the ones of the AIR1s and the converted Pilots....

Buy a used Pilot on E-bay and cannibalize it for parts. It's what those of us who still dive our SP Pilots have learned to do, because SP no longer provides parts for the best single hose regulator ever built.

I dive a Mk VII with my Pilot, old time goodness rating = off the scale.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom