I need a dry suit for my husband

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Carolyn MAC

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

My husband cannot go in the Michigan lake water because he has last stage kidney failure. However, if he could stay dry in the water, he could safely ride a wave runner. Can you help him out? What suit will keep him dry? He doesn’t dive, but he’s a great swimmer, loves the water, owns a speedboat and a wave runner. He’s a big guy at between a 2X or 3X about 5’ 10”

Thanks for your time,

Jim’s wife, Carolyn

You'll want to look at drysuits that water skiers, kayakers, rafters, and swiftwater rescue personal wear. A scuba drysuit will not be the best or ideal option for a wave runner. Visit, if you have one in your area, an outdoor water recreational store in your area. They will be able to find one that fits.

Bare, who makes drysuits for scuba, has one that for surface use that purchased through a dive shop. It is called the UItraDry. Ultra Dry Bilaminate Men's Drysuit | BARE Sports

Good luck!

You'll want to look at drysuits that water skiers, kayakers, rafters, and swiftwater rescue personal wear. A scuba drysuit will not be the best or ideal option for a wave runner. Visit, if you have one in your area, an outdoor water recreational store in your area. They will be able to find one that fits.

Bare, who makes drysuits for scuba, has one that for surface use that purchased through a dive shop. It is called the UItraDry. Ultra Dry Bilaminate Men's Drysuit | BARE Sports

Good luck!
Thank you

Scuba dry suits have inflation valves and dumps and so forth that he wouldn't need. Dry suits for river paddling would be good. Kokatat makes great gear, but it's expensive. NRS and other companies make such gear also. Mystic carved out a niche by making no frills dry suits for paddlers and the like that are relatively inexpensive, but still decent.

I have an NRS drysuit I purchased for whitewater kayaking. I would recommend NRS, Kokatat, or Palm for the quality of their gear.

Look up kayak/canoe shops in your area.

Men > Men's Paddling Outerwear > Drysuits at nrs.com
Men's Dry Suits | Kokatat Inc.
Products | Palm Equipment

Also, I highly recommend a waterproof-breathable drysuit for surface activites as the microclimate created inside a surface drysuit can be quite humid and the person inside can become almost as wet from their condensed sweat as if they did not have a drysuit on at all. The comfort factor between a breathable and non-breathable surface drysuit is beyond compare.

-Z

Back
Top Bottom