I need advice...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divnlite:
Wakatobi's 2008 pricing puts it over your budget.
Plus there really isn't ANYTHING else but diving, diving, diving, snorkeling, sun worshipping.
Can't advise on any of the other locals, sorry.

Yes, nothing except diving in Wakatobi. But, the only acces to Wakatobi is via Bali; at least you have to spend 1 night in Bali.
Since your starting point is Jakarta - then your 5K will worth much.

Palau, my dive instructor was there in July and was very nice and beautiful.

Thank you everyone for your advice. Another thought occurred to me. We could dive Bali. Does anyone with good experience in Bali's diving have an opinion on how it compares to sipadan?

Lombok maybe?

Honeymoon from Jakarta eh?

Sipadan: Best honeymoon place would prob be Mabul Water Bungalows with quality stilted accommodation, beautiful spa where you can be pampered, all mod cons and high level of service. Of course the diving in Sipadan needs no introduction.

Lembeh: if you like critters and want to see loads of things you may not have seen before (no wedding night jokes) then how about Lembeh Island Resort with incredible macro diving and nice hillside cottages with lovely views?

Another idea might be Bali where you can have a deluxe villa all to yourself at Lembongan Island Beach Villas with stunning views, your own balcony plungepool and a whole villa for you to run around naked in. You will of course get to dive around Lembongan and Penida on some of Bali's best sites.

Any of those tickle your fancy?

i really liked Yap but...we went there specifically for the mantas and after you have seen a dozen or so mantas the novelty wears off

manta bay hotel is FAB with great facilities so i wouldnt say no to going again but i would prefer to try out Palau next time for the more variety it offers

i too would consider Bali... more bang for your buck, diving and shopping

The problem with the places you list is that the dive resorts are pretty much self-contained and there is not much going on other than dive-related activities.

If you really only want to dive for a few days and do other activities for the remainder of the time, Bali is a good choice, despite the fact that it is right next door to you! There is wonderful diving up at Tulamben with honeymoon-worthy resorts and varied diving. It's also easy to set up a stay of a few days up at Ubud (also on Bali), and maybe some land-based tours of the high calderas of the volcanoes. Bali is quite different from Java, culturally, so you will still feel like you are in another country even though you will still be in Indon.

Alternatively, you could split your time between the sister resorts on Kapalai for diving and Sepilok on Borneo to visit the orang utan sanctuary. It sort of depends, I suppose, if you want all nature or a mix of nature and towns.

don't go to far! spend your honey moon at kura kura resort. very convenient from jakarta. just hope on to the plane.
or i second quero. bali would be the place to go. a few days around tulamben. small town with a few resorts and and restaurants. looking for a honey moon place, check out alam batu and scuba seraya. both are nice resorts, but out of town.

good diving you will found around mengjangan island. but again the resorts are kind of "self-contained" look for pondok sari, mata hari and mimpi

later on you can move to ubud or kuto or....

want to go to the phils? nice resort would be el dorado resort in dauin/dumaguete but not easy to reach. would fly via manila. or alona beach with the alona palm beach resort (a real treat) also here fly via manila.

I'd say Bali, as well. The diving is very good (though not the same league as Sipadan). But because you're on your honeymoon, Bali is the better option. Loads to do when you're not diving and a beautiful island. Also allows your to stretch your funds (less flight fare and flight time). Borneo is great, but the travelling, other than flying, is tedious. For simple relaxation, great food and shopping- Bali's the better option. Can't comment on the other places, though. Congratulations and enjoy your honeymoon!!!!

For your honeymoon... if you want to do more than just diving, then maybe
Palau
Yap
are better choices.

Back
Top Bottom