I need help ...healthways scuba deluxe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jcarpini

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
healthways scuba deluxe. Does anybody have a repair manual for this reg. I have been diving a Dacor dial o' death and its definatly a work out on the lungs, when I feel like I'm over breathing it I just Roll to one side and it delivers plenty of air and Ive gotten use to this technique but if anybody has tips on tuning this beast I would appreciate it. back to my healthways Its on its way just purchased from ebay Hopefully the Internals are salvagable, I plan on replacing the hoses and installing a bigger mouth piece.any info on this would be greatly appreciated as well. I have been diving for about 25 years and Ive had dove just about every "modern reg and BCD " Lately I have really been enjoying My double hose, no plastick junk no BCD no pressure gauge, no computer No extra crap hanging off me. The Backpack and the" J "valve are a very cool experiance. a lot to be said about simplicity. a watch a wrist mount depth gauge and a brain thats all you need. Aloha Johnny

Attachments

• Vintage underwater.jpg
    Vintage underwater.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 550
What's that growth hanging off the side of your tank....looks like a baby tank and reg but it's deformed, it only has one hose. You might want to have it removed, could be dangerous. :)

Healthways are hard to find parts for but on occasion some come up. The easiest place I know of for information on the HW and the Dacor, plus a bunch of others is in "Basic Scuba" by Fred Roberts. It has the exploaded views and some repair information on both regs. There are quite a few of us restoring and diving the old regs. Many of us are here but also check out Vintage Double Hose If anyone has a copy of the manual or parts it's likely they are on VDH.

If you like diving the old regs, these are being reproduced by a board member. The metal internals are original USD Mistral or Voit but all the external parts and soft parts that need replacing are modern better than OEM parts.

Attachments

• Viot-50-1.jpg
    Viot-50-1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 263
I know I've seen some great Healthways threads on the Vintage Scuba Supply forum. A couple of the guys there have done quite a bit of tinkering with them, with good results.
Vintage Scuba Supply Community Forum - Home

Good luck on your project. Like the others have said the biggest problem with the Healthways is scrounging parts for them. If you go with a Voit or US Divers double hose reg for a project you will find a wide array of newly reproduced parts for them.
Not to worry though. There is enough expertise out there for you to draw on that if you are persistent you will get it back in diving condition.

Follow the link to Vintage SCUBA Supply and look for SeaHuntJerry, he was able to help me with a diaphragm for my SCUBA Deluxe.

Back
Top Bottom