I need to choose a wetsuit in the next couple hours..

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jfoster33702

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm about 240lb, 5'11", so I'm a little fat in the middle with big legs :)

I tried on some pinnacle merino - but it was not the elastiprene. I think it was the older model. I tried both an XXL, which seemed too long in the arms and was uncomfortably tight...and an XXL-Short, which was still a hair too long in the arms.

I'll likely be 220-225 in a few months.. If I go with the elastiprene version ($$) of this suit - will the XXL-S fit better? I don't want to buy a KING2 just to lose weight and have it not fit.

Pinnacle Merino-Elastiprene package:
Pinnacle Merino-Elastiprene 5mm Jumpsuit Mens Package

I've also been looking at the Bare Velocity 5/4
Bare 5/4 Velocity Progressive Stretch Full, Men's

Can anyone recommend a size based on experience with these suits?

Thanks
Jeff

I am 5'11", 225 and my Pinnacle 5mm ME fits just fine. My only complaint is I need help zipping it up as the zipper tends to catch and cut the heavy spine pad. So I wear my old Henderson GC when solo diving.

Thanks for the reply. Is your suit the elastiprene and what size do you have?

Yes, it is elastiprene. It is an XXL-S. (That what happen when I post in a hurry - sorry)

If you were 20lbs heavier right now, do you think you could get into it :) I hope so, because I pulled the trigger on the same suit today.

Yes, but I'd need even more help with the upper section. It's not that it is too tight in the shoulders but I would need a little more help stretching it to get in. There is plenty of stretch. but it is a bit of work with the 5mm. Very comfortable once in though. I think you will like that suit.

I got a 5 mm pinnacle jumpsuit a few months ago. The company has confirmed that they made some defective suits with defective threads in the exterior of the suit. My new Pinnacle has serious seam issues and is still new. Pinnacle has promised that they will take a look at the suit for me and depending on how defective the suit is, they promise to make me happy. I've not sent the suit back yet, but it is disappointing that this occured without a simple recall. They said they may try to re-sew some of the bad areas in the seams, which does not make me feel warm and fuzzy (even with the wool interior).

In any regard, I wonder how you can tell if this Pinnacle is one with the defective threads since the defective suits have never been recalled?

I'll let you know after a few dives...

I should note that I asked if this was old or new stock and they indicated that they've been selling Pinnacle products faster than Zeagle can re-supply them. So this should be a recently built suit.

Back
Top Bottom