I saw two tiger sharks yesterday...they tried to eat our anchor bouy!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sappnasty

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
We had a crazy day yesterday....besides the crazy mantis shrimp thing, while fishing two tiger sharks came to the surface and circled our boat several times before trying to eat our anchor bouy. I had no idea tiger sharks were even know to this area...and had no idea that they swim together. The first appeared and was about 12ft long....pretty big guy in my opinion. The second was about 9-10ft long and didn't have as distingiushable markings but was definately a tiger. Here are the only pictures I managed to get.

fishingtrip004.jpg

fishingtrip006.jpg

fishingtrip007.jpg

fishingtrip008.jpg

fishingtrip009.jpg

Did either one of them bite ie did you catch one???......talk about a fight if so.......I'm one that hooked a 25' whale shark trolling around it on a Christmas visit to Roatan......lol, we were in our 17' center console & had the world on a string for about an hour(didn't know we had the whale shark the whole time---we saw a whale shark about 50 yds. away & thought we had hooked a big yellow fin tuna....lo & behold there were 2 when we thought there was only one)................

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom