I see there is an Oly XZ-2 listed on the olympus site. will there be an UW housing?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PT-054

Couldn't find the page in english, but the picture explains itself:
Olympus - PT-054 - Kompakt kamera tilbehør

---------- Post Merged at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:21 AM ----------

And here it is in english:
http://www.olympus-europa.com/site/...essories/digital_underwater/pt_054/index.html

---------- Post Merged at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:21 AM ----------

My wishlist for the XZ-2:

• I hope they fixed the weird pre-flashes that made the XZ-1 incompatible with Sea & Sea strobes in TTL mode.
  • Make the flash available in super macro mode.
  • Faster autofocus.
  • Easier custom white balance adjustment. The "one-touch" white balance on the xz-1 was more like "5-touch". Maybe the "fn" button will help with this.
  • Ability to set custom white balance at depths below 10 m/33 feet.
  • Less noise at ISO 400 and above.
  • Better video mode. Especially I hope they fixed the focus hunting.
  • Very wishfull thinking: Ability to set shutter speed with rear control wheel in M-mode (and ability to control rear control wheel with the Oly housing.)

I'm glad to see, that there is now two fibre optic connections. I'm excited about the new front lever, although I'm not sure how useful it will turn out to be for u/w photo usage.

Last edited:
Thanks, looks like PT-054. looks like 45m housing as well.

Thanks,
Bruce

PT-054

Couldn't find the page in english, but the picture explains itself:
Olympus - PT-054 - Kompakt kamera tilbehør

---------- Post Merged at 04:29 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:21 AM ----------

And here it is in english:
Olympus - PT-054 - Compact Cameras Accessories

---------- Post Merged at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:21 AM ----------

My wishlist for the XZ-2:

• I hope they fixed the weird pre-flashes that made the XZ-1 incompatible with Sea & Sea strobes in TTL mode.
  • Make the flash available in super macro mode.
  • Faster autofocus.
  • Easier custom white balance adjustment. The "one-touch" white balance on the xz-1 was more like "5-touch". Maybe the "fn" button will help with this.
  • Ability to set custom white balance at depths below 10 m/33 feet.
  • Less noise at ISO 400 and above.
  • Better video mode. Especially I hope they fixed the focus hunting.
  • Very wishfull thinking: Ability to set shutter speed with rear control wheel in M-mode (and ability to control rear control wheel with the Oly housing.)

I'm glad to see, that there is now two fibre optic connections. I'm excited about the new front lever, although I'm not sure how useful it will turn out to be for u/w photo usage.

The XZ-1 is compatible with the D-TTL in the YS-D1, btw. We're sort of hoping that the YS-01 gets a firmware upgrade soon...

Jack

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom