I the Sealife DC 300 worth the money?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bought the DC310 MAXX outfit and I am very happy. Their customer service can not be beat.

Had one of the 3 chargers go bad and I emailed them and had a replacement in the mail a couple of days later and they did not charge me a dime.

I dropped one of the strobes about 6 feet and broke the switch. It was an accident but clearly my fault. I sent it to them with the $10 they request for shipping and had a brand new strobe sent to me no charge. Wow!

The camera takes awsome pictures and the customer service is very good.

darren_camp:
I have had this camera for 4 months. Good picture but it keeps leaking thru one of the buttons on the back. Sealife has replaced it each time but after the warranty period I don't think they will..... :frown2:
Hi I bought one of these cameras in August my third one just flooded. If I only push the shutter all is well. As soon as I push anything else it leaks.Otherwise picture is great. I'm asking for my money back this time, it is too stressful to have it leak then be without it for so long. The pictures I got are awesome but I can't take this leak thing anymore. I'm sending it away tomorrow I'll let you know how I make out. Happy diving

Rent the camera before you decide!

Dive safe!

I had a reefmaster RC and it was fair. But, if you want to take close up pictures, the snap on lenses are a pain. And, you better be exactly within the correct focusing distance or your pics will be out of focus. I shot many rolls of film only to find out I was way too close on many pics and they were out of focus. I was really disappointed. I've upgraded to the Canon a75 with underwater housing. This thing can focus all the way down to 5cm, thats 2 inches to us Americans. This set up can be found for about $175 for the camera and $160 for the housing. I personally think you would be happier with it. Good luck finding something you like. Greg

http://www.suprbugman.com/gallery/album01

Nearly all those pictures were taken with the SeaLife 3.3mp(rebadged Vivitar, I'm convinced). The housing is great, and the pics are fun :D

If you want to get serious, look into something else - just my opinion - I bought an Oly. The SeaLife camera is my buddies, and he never dives anymore - my gain.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom