I think I bought a women's wetsuit!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I'm getting back into diving and I've been picking up some used gear. I found a SeaSkin Shorty Wetsuit on Ebay and offered $12. I won it and it is being shipped. The more I look online, it appears to be a women's suit. It is black with teal seams. It is labeled a mens large. I'm afraid it is a women's large. I'm not sure it will fit. I'm 6 foot & 185lbs. I dont; care about the color. I'm just hoping it will fit. Anyone cross dressed in a wetsuit before? :D

Here is the link to the wetsuit.

Why do you think it might be a women's suit? The seam color?
If it is a women's suit the cut will be the tell, not the seam color.
But the eBay pix do not look like a women's cut.
Worst case: you are out $12 plus shipping. Not a big deal.
If it doesn't fit, sell it on eBay....

All the SeaSkin Suits I see online in that color are women's suits. Maybe it is just an older one. I don't care for the price. I just don't want it to fit tight in some area and loose in others. I should have it by the end of the week. I'll know then.

I'm pretty sure it is a women's suit. The seam pattern is the one SeaSkin uses for women's, and is different than men's.

But I would wear it if it fits!

Back
Top Bottom