I think I'm converted

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FTR, the deep air class ScubaVP refers to is the IANTD "Deep Diver" course. The class has a MAX depth of 130 which isn't what most would think of as deep air. If I understand correctly the use of air (at any depth) or an END > 100 does go against the GUE philosophy, however, this course is usually combined with either Nitrox or Advanced Nitrox.

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
FTR, the deep air class ScubaVP refers to is the IANTD "Deep Diver" course. The class has a MAX depth of 130 which isn't what most would think of as deep air. If I understand correctly the use of air (at any depth) or an END > 100 does go against the GUE philosophy, however, this course is usually combined with either Nitrox or Advanced Nitrox.

Thanks Mike, you are correct I thought he was referring to the advanced deep air class that I was required to take when I went up through the IANTD ranks..

My questions still stands though, but thanks for pointing that out..

Later

I think part of it is to do with the small number of GUE instructors. I've sat on my hands for nearly two years waiting for a GUE course came my way. Luckily for me I managed to get on the first one to be held in my area (UK) next week. Just looking forward to being beasted for a week by Mr Georgitsis, Mr Alexakos and Mr Kerslake on DIR-F and Tech 1. You didn't fancy a trip to the UK then? We'd have made you more than welcome! :eek:ut:

Chris

P.S. Quick bit of advice as well, if you have the time... I've bought a TLS, and it came with Rock Boots. I'm going to change them for Jetsoles, but the shop can't do it before the Courses start on Monday. I was wondering what you'd advise - buying a pair of fins that I'll never use again for the course and wear the Rock Boots, or do the Course in my 'socks' so to speak with the fins I'll be wearing when I get the Jetsoles. We should be diving off boats with Taillifts for the week, so no climbing of ladder required!

Tibbs once bubbled...
I think part of it is to do with the small number of GUE instructors. I've sat on my hands for nearly two years waiting for a GUE course came my way. Luckily for me I managed to get on the first one to be held in my area (UK) next week. Just looking forward to being beasted for a week by Mr Georgitsis, Mr Alexakos and Mr Kerslake on DIR-F and Tech 1. You didn't fancy a trip to the UK then? We'd have made you more than welcome! :eek:ut:

Chris

P.S. Quick bit of advice as well, if you have the time... I've bought a TLS, and it came with Rock Boots. I'm going to change them for Jetsoles, but the shop can't do it before the Courses start on Monday. I was wondering what you'd advise - buying a pair of fins that I'll never use again for the course and wear the Rock Boots, or do the Course in my 'socks' so to speak with the fins I'll be wearing when I get the Jetsoles. We should be diving off boats with Taillifts for the week, so no climbing of ladder required!

I considered doing the trip, in fact I'm still considering it ;-) I miss London..

Sadly however, I'm an accountant for a living, and April 15th is quickly approaching and I already miss a ton of work so getting out of the office for this one was just too tough..

Tell Andrew that he's a stroke and that I said to just wear the boots for the class ;-)

Seriously, Use the boots and don't worry too much about it, no sense buying a new pair of fins just for the class..

Have fun and write up a nice trip report after your done and let us know how it went..

Let me know if I can help in any way before, during or after..

Later

Thanks for the info. Gratefully received!

Not sure I'm about to call Andrew a stroke - he may be even harsher than I'm sure he will be anyway! I'm dreading the video portion - I'm sure I'm going to look like a right Muppet. Especially since my crotch strap is yellow and I have a black drysuit - so from the rear it looks like I'm wearing a thong!

I've volunteered to write up Fundamentals and Tech 1 for my Club's Website UE-UK. It should be up about a week after I finish. I'll probably post a link in the trip reports section and the UK Wreck Ferrets section as well.

Getting quite excited about the whole thing now - I'm like a kid before Christmas!

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom