I think WetSuits are Safer and Better than Dry suits for the vast majority of divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

64 degrees is not the tropics that comes to mind for anyone I know. Don't know why you feel the need for a personal slam.....I am fine with people that want to use metric...I have never taken any issue with this????

When you regularly dive places with temps in the low 50's/ high 40's, 64 F is the tropics.

It was very nice for a couple weeks not to have my inbox filled with replies to this dead thread....why do we have to give the troll more food?

Just turn off email warnings in the subscription options? Or unsubscribe to the thread completely?

I see you have still not reponded to my request, I guess you can't. Admittedly I do have limited experience with only 800 plus dives or so but during those dives I cannot think of one instance where I have wanted to go faster, I can think of many dives prior to acquiring a drysuit when I would have liked to have been warmer. Peoples tolerance for the cold varies widely, I am often bemused finding myself sitting next to somebody on a boat complaining of the cold who is in a 5mil or thicker wetsuit complete with hood and gloves while I am feeling quite comfortable in a t-shirt and swim trunks.

Last edited by a moderator:

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

i have deleted about 40 of the most recent off topic posts, ranging from fins to group protocols to snarky comments. Please stay on topic or start a new one if it is not. Thank you. Marg, SB Senior moderator

I don't get it.
Not all the fins are suitable for dry suit eg. full foot.
So in order to compare the merit of dry vs wet, fins is a good starting point.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom