I thought it a gimmick AIRLOCK by MARES

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The air pressure causes the mount to lock down. It is kind of a ratching actiont hat occurs when you apply the air. Before you use the air to lock it down, the strap is very tight and would hold the bottle just fine, the cam lock puts more prssure on the strap than you could by hand. There is a small lever that you pull up to release the camlock and then you can unstrap it and change out your bottle. It really is a great idea and works well.

Go to a dive shop and have them demo one for you.

How are you doin', hombre? Soon, blalah, soon we will be gettin' wet with you! And we are ready!

You gotta show me your Airlock, too! And say, "Hi!" to Lindsay and Big Bird. I am, also a strap wetter, but not a bed wetter! I learned from PADI, but if there is some technology that works well, I am interested.

The Ranger contingent on this Board is a very compelling (and pleasant) bunch, but I am falling in love with the SeaQuest Pro Unlimited...even Warhammer probably cannot save me from myself...sounds like the Airlock might be nice addition--and a good way to keep my wallet from weighing me down!

In case we get lost and are a little late, save some seats next to you!

Joewr (and Lindsay and Big Bird)

Joe, old pal, if you have the heavy wallet syndrome, I'm have the perfect cure! Just send the excess baggage to the Warmhammer Manuver Relief Fund. While not tax deductible (still working on that one), it will be put to good use. You have the address.

All I can tell you is to try 3 BCs, the Ranger, Transpac II, and your Pro Unlimited, before you make your choice. My bet is that you'll come away with the Transpac II, even though I'm a Ranger man myself.

Well, I bought a new reg this weekend while in Honolulu. I got a Apeks ATX200, so I will be using that next Monday when we go out! i also ended up with a Cobra. I had a small problem with my Mosquito, but Diveinn fixed me up. I upgraded to the Cobra and am shipping the Mosquito back to them. They even provided me their DHL account number for the shipping back, so no cost to me! I like doing biz with them. See you Monday at Port Allen! 0700 I believe is the time. Will call Linda to confirm

K-D,

I don't know which logo to use on this post...none of them shows enough excitement. Barbara and I have not been diving since the June 28 and we are itchin'. You have done nothing to quench the desire!

Man, oh, man, I can assure you we will not be late! I have already packed the scuba suit case. Tonight I start on the other suitcase...of course the scuba one gets first priority!

One more week!

Joewr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like you Joe and K_D have a fun weekend planned. Be sure to tell us all about it and post a few pics. Next best thing to being there. :)

Joe,

Since my last dive session(2 weeks ago), I have gotten a new regulator(Apeks ATX200) and a new computer, actually 2 new computers....I bought the Mosquito and thought I had a problem, but it ended up being Operator error and I ordered a Cobra that will arrive Thursday, so when we meet up, I will be the "Boy with new toyz"

I have been working extremely hard for the last 2 weeks on a proposal for work so I need a stress relief! The day after we dive, I have to hop on the plane and head off to Long Beach for 5 days, then D.C. for 4 days then home......work sucks, but it does pay for the toyz

I can't wait! Got my bottles getting filled tomorrow with 32% and will be ready to get wet! T-6 days my friend!

Back
Top Bottom