I will NOT shoot you tormenting a Pufferfish

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bkotheimer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Diver, do not for a minute think that I am amused -- like some of the less responsible and/or less experienced divers in our group -- by what you are doing to that Pufferfish. You are causing it trauma and maybe even jeopardizing its life. I will aim away and even turn my camera off before I'll shoot a single frame of that. You should be ashamed of yourself. As the divemaster/guide on this dive (this just makes it worse), you of all people should know better.

I hope that other videographers/photographers will join me in adamantly refusing to document this and similar behavior. While you may not be comfortable actually CONFRONTING the offender, you can at least demonstrably ignore them.

This is an opportunity to post some older photos that caused some ruckus around here involving puffed pufferfish :D.....this topic is not new so it is sad to say it remains unresolved (although not surprisingly).

And I thought this thread was going to be about spearfishing...

Totally agree. I would add picking up sharks to the list of "things that do look kinda cool and make a good photo, but come on man, it's totally unnecessary and you, Mr/Mrs DM, of all people, shouldn't be doing that".

Diver, do not for a minute think that I am amused -- like some of the less responsible and/or less experienced divers in our group -- by what you are doing to that Pufferfish. You are causing it trauma and maybe even jeopardizing its life. I will aim away and even turn my camera off before I'll shoot a single frame of that. You should be ashamed of yourself. As the divemaster/guide on this dive (this just makes it worse), you of all people should know better.

I hope that other videographers/photographers will join me in adamantly refusing to document this and similar behavior. While you may not be comfortable actually CONFRONTING the offender, you can at least demonstrably ignore them.

I do not like
green eggs
and ham
!

I do not like them,
Sam-I-am.

You do not like them.
SO you say.
Try them! Try them!
And you may.
Try them and you may I say.

Sam!
If you will let me be,
I will try them.
You will see.

why not snap the shot, and make the only photo you share of them one with an offensive message emblazoned across it in bold letters?

This is an opportunity to post some older photos that caused some ruckus around here involving puffed pufferfish :D.....this topic is not new so it is sad to say it remains unresolved (although not surprisingly).

They are awesome to use for golf practice at the golf range :thumb:

Puffer-Fish-Golf--32565.jpg

I like the one of the small puffer in the hand, captioned

"In case you not noes, this means I not happy!"

why not snap the shot, and make the only photo you share of them one with an offensive message emblazoned across it in bold letters?

That would get the photographer in trouble.

I always express my views to the DM up front. If I were in the OP's position, I would turn my camera away and signal "no". :no:

Back
Top Bottom