i200 computer- battery weak

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lriemann

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there.

My i200, which I last used in Mid-October, is showing a weak battery sign above water.

My questions are:
How worried should I be about diving with it?
Will it show signs of weaker battery before dying?

Also, Where can I get the battery replaced in Bangkok, Thailand?

Any help appreciated!

Worst case scenario is it will die on you mid dive and you will have to abort and ascend back to the surface , hardly a life threatening situation if you are not doing any tec but can be annoying nonetheless.

Suggest you search on AquaLung’s website for the nearest dealer and then go from there. I would never dive with a low battery warning.

The battery is a 2430 size, which is readily available. But your i200 also came with a special tool for opening the battery compartment. It is a common tool for Pelagic made computers so likely there might be another diver or shop that has one to use if you don't have yours, But that still leaves changing the o-ring which is supposed to happen at each battery change. The Aqualung battery kit includes battery, o-ring, and silicone grease for the o-ring. You should really try to chase down one of those instead of just buying a battery and reusing the o-ring.

The i200 is a "watch" style wrist computer, and is always on and functioning as a watch between use as a dive computer. Just plan to replace the battery once each year so this doesn't happen again. More often if you dive it a lot.

Thank you for all the tips.

Now it seems the low battery icon has disappeared and the light is working again...

Change the battery at your earliest convince. Without a bunch if technical double talk, the way the battery is made and used is not conducive to getting a good reliable low battery indication. If you see low battery once it's time to change.

The good news is, if it runs like my earlier Pelagic computer, even when the screen will only work intermittently, it would give correct data, and it recorded the dive accurately. The dying battery ran the computer fine, but could only power the screen intermittently, resting inbetween. I haven't had to try that again since, once I solved the idiot operator issue.

The battery is user replaceable, it's not hard. Although they want the o-ring changed each time, but I have not found that necessary, ymmv. Even with an o ring change, it is not expensive. I usually change out about once a year, before a dive trip, to avoid having an issue when I am going to use it a lot. I also carry a spare battery and tool in my dive logbook. Once bit....

Bob

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom