I92L Saturday?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lamont

Contributor
Reaction score
I92L is heading somewhat in your direction, but the model predictions are pretty far out and are pretty unreliable for sub-tropical depressions.

its moving fast and unlikely to develop into a tropical storm/cyclone by the time it gets to you, if it gets there. might also veer off and dump on belize or something like that. rain and t-storms may be on the forecast for saturday though:

at201092_model.gif

It's just an open Tropical Wave. It has no circulation and is already impacting the border of Honduras and Nicaragua, which means it's window for becoming a cyclone is extremely limited. It is just a rain event and might not make it this far North. We could really use the rain.

...pretty unreliable for sub-tropical depressions.

...if it gets there.
Looks like it's just been dropped from the maps, for now at least. Certainly wise to watch these wannabes, but it just did not have the potential and support needed.
...rain and t-storms may be on the forecast for saturday though
Current forecast is 20% chance of precipitation today as usual, 20% chance of precipitation late Friday night, 30% Saturday & Sunday. It tried but not much input.

yup interaction with honduras/nicaragua seems to have completely broken it up...

i was just a little bored earlier tonight...

in more amusing weather, check out the rotating spiral bands on the radar over vancouver island, british columbia:

wxloop atx_n0r 16/3h/

and commentary:

Cliff Mass Weather Blog: Mini-Hurricane Over Vancouver Island!

see? we get cyclones, too... =)

Obviously living here I have to monitor the weather for both Tropical Storms and Winter Nortes and I have always found it amazing the number of massive storms with huge circulation that come off the North Amercian continent and strike Scotland and Ireland. Of course these storms are not tropical in nature.

Colin which threatened Florida recently, retired, reorganized, is now headed for Newfoundland Is & Nova Scotia. ""Surprise, surprise, surprise...! Gomer Pyle

A TD in the Pacific looks like it may head for Baja. I guess you get used to these fast changes when you live on the sea? I just visit and watch. Here is Lamont's cyclone; I tried to preserve the animation but failed...

2j2dsso.gif
]​

Here is Lamont's cyclone; I tried to preserve the animation but failed...

Whoops, yeah, the animation is gone now from that link...

It kind of looks like its just showing the radar turned up to max reflecting off birds now...

I92 is back on the tracking maps but took a southerly swing to pass the Bay Islands headed for Belize, yet is so weak that it's hardly affecting the forecast for Roatain: 20% chance of rain Monday only.

Back
Top Bottom