IANTD's Essential's Class

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Superlyte27

Banned
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Guys:

What do you think of IANTD's essentials class with Tom Mount? I'm guessing this would be similar to a GUE Fundies I class?

Any input?

Guys:

What do you think of IANTD's essentials class with Tom Mount? I'm guessing this would be similar to a GUE Fundies I class?

Any input?
I'm going to go out on a limb and assume there's going to be a few "minor" differences.

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume there's going to be a few "minor" differences.

Ya think? I can't even find a description on IANTD's website.

I missed the humor... anyone care to share it with me?

I missed the humor... anyone care to share it with me?
Are you familiar with Tom Mount? He's far from DIR. Since fundies is an introduction to DIR, I would feel comfortable assuming that Tom would not be teaching anything similar.

If Tom's class were $50 and fundies $1000, I think I would request overtime and take fundies. That's just me. He's accomplished many great things in diving, far more than I will ever come close to, but the risk factor is out of my league.

Actually, I'm familiar with Tom Mount, I'm not at all familiar with DIR. Hence the question in the first place.

Ok, let me rephrase the question. Anyone taken an Essentials class with IANTD? That can tell me what to expect?

edit*
"he's far from DIR"...
Hmm, I like him better already.

It's that kind of arrogance that gives GUE people such a bad rap. I should have asked on a more grown up forum, or perhaps in person.

going from the iantd classes I have taken I would go out on a limb and say it's nothing like a fundamentals class and probably will suck.

it will help you a great deal when it comes to getting your chakras aligned though I'm sure

It's that kind of arrogance that gives GUE people such a bad rap. I should have asked on a more grown up forum, or perhaps in person.

yea maybe an instructor?

#1- I'm not GUE. I've just seen the results of both training programs.

#2- If I were affiliated with any specific agency and not just speaking from experience collected diving with others, I wouldn't care if it gave me a bad rap or not. How many people have died from using a RB unnecessarily? How many people have died on deep air? How many people have died solo?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom