Iberostar / Dressel Divers in Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why would staying somewhere else require you to take a cab to dive? There are approx 80 dive ops on Cozumel, and at least that many hotels, resorts, and B&Bs. All the oceanfront hotels have a pier for dive pickups, and those that don't use one of the public piers.

My op gave me a list of 9 hotels I could stay at and be picked up from. If I chose not to go with one of those, I have to meet her at the marina. She doesn't pick up at the downtown pier. So you can't assume every op will be able to pick you up no matter where you stay. But if you haven't chosen an op yet, you almost certainly could find one who could pick you up if you are staying in a hotel with a pier or near a public pier.

We are extremely excited about our upcoming trip because we have only dove our local fresh water reservoir (Beaver Lake) that has about 20' vis and a green tint (algae)...can't wait for the 100' vis and all the colorful fish and coral

My fellow Arkie you guys will be blown away by coz,(after diving in Beaver Lake), I dove greers ferry lake for years . Never again this place will ruin you. DD will be fine and easy for your first time, as you grow with the island and move on past big resorts you will refine you needs and wants. Then you will want to find your favorite dive op. This time just dive safe have fun and learn. Go Hogs WPS

We have stayed at Iberostar several times and used Dressel Divers every time. They are very good and you will enjoy the short boat rides and their services. I would recommend them and there are many good op in Coz to chose from. For your fist trip just use the operation at the resort. Less to worry about and enjoy the ocean. We have dove Beaver many times, but after you get in water at Coz, you will forget how to spell "Beaver Lake"!!

I used DD for 1 of my 2 trips there. No complaints at all. A Friendly, laid back staff.
I liked the flexibility to walk over and book whatever diving I wanted at the time, on top of the scheduled dives I made.
If you get your Nitrox cert. before going, Nitrox is free. A major savings if it's for you (saved me a bunch).
Lunch back at the resort with my wife was always nice (not that I mind some fruit and a nature pee).
The service was great- from the guy who quickly installed an SPG when my wireless failed, to the shop guy who loaned me tools.
"Full length" dives as I recall, and I do remember the DM who knew it was my last dive of the trip and buddied with me. We definitely got my money's worth! re. money, I remember that the price per dive was very good if you buy a package ahead of time. With Nitrox I think the price I paid was unbeatable. Have fun!

We have stayed at Iberostar several times and dive with DD. Very convenient, well run operation. There are a lot of good dive operations on Cozumel but there is not enough difference to make it worth the trouble of arranging with another dive operator. Go to the Dressel website and purchase your dives for the group on line. They give discounts based on the number booked so if you combine (put everyone's name on the voucher) you get a higher discount.

If you are going to be there next week, look me up, will be there.

Most dive operators will pick you up at any hotel. However, some operators will no longer pick up guests at the Iberostar now that they are charging operators a monthly fee to pick up THEIR guests. DD is okay as long as you like going out on boats with 25 other divers. They have a fixed dive schedule so for example, if you want to dive Palancar Caves, you have to go Tues. afternoon. The other peeve is if they buddy you up with a heavy breather, you have to surface with your buddy no matter how much air you have left. I would recommend Scuba with Alison (I dove with her 6 times) but she will no longer pay to pick up divers at the Iberostar.

Back
Top Bottom